Shooting with a new Carrier

Koyote

It finally got warm enough and a bright sun shiny day to go out shooting. I took my Benelli M2 Tactical as I wanted to try out my new Tartan Carrier. The original carrier had a slight bend to it and when loading shells it pinched my thumb. The Tartan Carrier is flat and I had no problems. It was great to try out my shotgun again. I brought a box (25 shells) of bird shot. I loaded up 5 rds. at a time. The weather was still cold and I had a little difficulty in loading, but managed to do it. I fired across a stream to the embankment on the other side. The shotgun performed flawlessly and each time I loaded a shell, it was a lot easier with the new carrier than with the OEM carrier. So I recommend a flat Tartan Carrier. The one thing I forgot was, I have been carrying three large pumpkins in my truck bed and I forgot all about them. I so wanted to shoot them. Have you ever been on a pumpkin shoot? Oh, well. Good excuse to go out again. Now if the weather here in Sparks, NV would just cooperate!  ...and yes, I picked up my spent shells and a few others that were there to keep the area clean. GOOD SHOOTIN' to you all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great to hear that you picked up the spent shells.? Not trying to be a smart ass, but there are many who don't and that leaves a bad impression reflecting on the rest of us. I have a M1 and M4 I'll have to look at the Tartan carrier.

And pumpkins explode nicely in almost any weather as long as they're not frozen.? Enjoy them next time!

Surprise Explode GIF by Channel 7

CORRECTION: I got the description of the OEM and Tartan Carrier reversed. The OEM  is flat with a cutout/notch on the tip. The Tartan Carrier has a slight bend in it on the tip and there is not a cutout/notch on the tip. So, it did not pinch my thumb. Sorry about that. 

53 minutes ago, Koyote said:

CORRECTION: I got the description of the OEM and Tartan Carrier reversed. The OEM  is flat with a cutout/notch on the tip. The Tartan Carrier has a slight bend in it on the tip and there is not a cutout/notch on the tip. So, it did not pinch my thumb. Sorry about that. 

For clarification I assume you meant the "Taran" Tactical carrier? Never heard of Tartan