M4 Color Fill Match

Milspec

I know how to color fill and I know what options are available.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows what color/brand is the closest match.

I want to re color fill the red circle on the cartridge drop/shell release lever.  I'm not sure what shade of Testors, Lacquer Pen or Nail Polish would be the closest.  Obviously red but....just wondering if anyone has any experience matching this up.

1099896728_ColorFill.JPG.b5b8196b7fe537a602f89bfe842f07c8.JPG

Edited by Milspec
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Wow... no offense but that's super anal retentive, lol, for something like that I just find a shade of lacquer nail polish and call it good. It doesn't have to be an EXACT match, but that's just me; no one would ever know anyway. 

I never said “EXACT”.  I’m  just trying to get it close so it looks normalish.  I thought perhaps somebody may have done the same to this specific part.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Milspec said:

I know how to color fill and I know what options are available.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows what color/brand is the closest match.

I want to re color fill the red circle on the cartridge drop/shell release lever.  I'm not sure what shade of Testors, Lacquer Pen or Nail Polish would be the closest.  Obviously red but....just wondering if anyone has any experience matching this up.

1099896728_ColorFill.JPG.b5b8196b7fe537a602f89bfe842f07c8.JPG

I would start with more grey, then work darker and darker.  Don’t go too dark at first.