WTB Benelli M4 Wolff Magazine Spring

CaPpedDoG

6 minutes ago, Brandon101884 said:

What difference does this spring make from a stock spring?

If you have not read it already, from CC's website; believe it, or not.

...When only an optimal spring can make up for a marginal spring's occasional failings; We developed this exclusive replacement spring, made to our specifications for the Benelli M4 equipped with a Full Length magazine tube, utilizing W.C. Wolff's proprietary HTCS materials, that exceed the OEM's spring properties in many critical respects. Ever have the OEM spring "get away" from you during takedown/removal? If you noticed it kinked, and required straightening, then you've seen 1st hand one of it's weak links. A spring that kinks easily, will likewise take a "set" easily, diminishing its performance capabilities. No other spring on the market has ever been specifically engineered for the Benelli M4 full length magazine body... until now!! Note; Our Benelli Full Length TITANIUM Magazine Tubes include this "Extra-Power" Spring FREE!

13 hours ago, xblax619 said:

have u tried carrier comp? i got mine from them. 

https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=1

Contacted them but they won't ship to Canada 😕 I've tried a number of different places but no luck. Thought I'd try it here!

9 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

What difference does this spring make from a stock spring?

I'm unable to load 7 rounds of 2 3/4" with the stock spring. I've read in a few different places it should be possible with the Wolff spring.

2 hours ago, CaPpedDoG said:

I'm unable to load 7 rounds of 2 3/4" with the stock spring. I've read in a few different places it should be possible with the Wolff spring.

Have you tried direct from Wolff springs? That's where I get mine, I've ordered a few times from them. Not all shot shells are the same length, depending on what you're trying to load you may only get 6 in the magazine, that's not uncommon. Still, 6 in the mag, 1 in the chamber and 1 ghost loaded is pretty formidable.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaPpedDoG said:

Contacted them but they won't ship to Canada 😕 I've tried a number of different places but no luck. Thought I'd try it here!

Fetter buckshot loads seven.  Several slug varieties load seven.  I buy bulk stuff usually cuz I like to shoot so it’s hit and miss.  It’s various unfired shell length mostly that is causing your problem, but the spring will give you another 1/2 inch or so over the factory spring.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Fetter buckshot loads seven.  Several slug varieties load seven.  I buy bulk stuff usually cuz I like to shoot so it’s hit and miss.  It’s various unfired shell length mostly that is causing your problem, but the spring will give you another 1/2 inch or so over the factory spring.

^this. i have a carrier comp tube and their full length spring and i can get 7 rounds in the tube depending on brand. some will allow it while others max out at 6 2-3/4” shells. theres no way around it. try different brands to find which will work. 

5 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

How? Isn’t the spring more stout? I would think you would lose space if anything.

22 hours ago, Evolution said:

...When only an optimal spring can make up for a marginal spring's occasional failings; We developed this exclusive replacement spring, made to our specifications for the Benelli M4 equipped with a Full Length magazine tube, utilizing W.C. Wolff's proprietary HTCS materials, that exceed the OEM's spring properties in many critical respects. Ever have the OEM spring "get away" from you during takedown/removal? If you noticed it kinked, and required straightening, then you've seen 1st hand one of it's weak links. A spring that kinks easily, will likewise take a "set" easily, diminishing its performance capabilities. No other spring on the market has ever been specifically engineered for the Benelli M4 full length magazine body... until now!! Note; Our Benelli Full Length TITANIUM Magazine Tubes include this "Extra-Power" Spring FREE!

I saw that, but I’d rather get reviews from those who have it installed and used it. I actually bought one when I first got my M4 but haven’t put it in because the factory spring seems to be doing just fine. Would I notice a difference?

7 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

I saw that, but I’d rather get reviews from those who have it installed and used it. I actually bought one when I first got my M4 but haven’t put it in because the factory spring seems to be doing just fine. Would I notice a difference?

I dunno how but I was on a mission for awhile to fit 7 of any shell.  The spring is longer but compacts better?  You can take yours out and swap them real fast and see if I’m wrong.  Don’t think I am though 🤓.

11 hours ago, xblax619 said:

^this. i have a carrier comp tube and their full length spring and i can get 7 rounds in the tube depending on brand. some will allow it while others max out at 6 2-3/4” shells. theres no way around it. try different brands to find which will work. 

I fit six 3” federal buckshot once.  Don’t remember the brand… I picked it up off a shelf at a gun store. 

Edit:  brand is the wrong word.  They were federal.  The exact type I should have said.

Edited by Ben elLes
Poor wording

9 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

Would you notice a difference? I doubt it. I use one of them that I got with the titanium tube I bought from them.

I didn't notice any difference from the OEM spring. What really makes a tangible difference is polishing the inside of the mag tube with 0000 steel wool and a cordless drill.

Edited by Evolution
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Evolution said:

I have the 11715 model, it has a full capacity tube, but it’s not 1 fixed tube, it’s the one that is screwed together. They are the same length so I’m assuming this spring should work. If I’m able to get another shell in it, that’s enough to make it worth it for me.

On 9/8/2022 at 11:26 PM, Ben elLes said:

I dunno how but I was on a mission for awhile to fit 7 of any shell.  The spring is longer but compacts better?  You can take yours out and swap them real fast and see if I’m wrong.  Don’t think I am though 🤓.

Longer but compacts better?? ...  got me thinking, count the number of coils on the two springs.... the same, 48 coils on both. Should compact the same you would think. 

Joe