Benelli M2/M4 vs. Beretta 1301 Tactical

kenw111

Long time Benelli lover and owner of 5 M4s (yes i know thats a bit crazy), a M1Super90 and 3 benelli M2 tactical.

Decided to pick up the gen2 Beretta 1301 tactical.  Before testing fully I wanted to take it apart to see about the robust-ness of the system.

Definitely about 85% or bit less as robust as my M4 or M2's ....

buuuuut, its design necessitates this, because its very lightweight. Faster than the M4?  Oh hell yes.

Had so much fun with it, ...I thought its light weight would make recoil a good bit more brutal, but not that i could tell.

At $1550 (what i paid) i dont have to buy a +2 tube or full tube, its already there.

actually what LOOKS like a +2 on the end of the Beretta is actually a plastic cover, the 7 round tube is single and continuous inside it.

10 out of 10 times, ill be taking my beretta 1301 out for spins over any of my benellis.  Its just that enjoyable honestly.

Buuuuut, since Beretta owns benelli, the $$$$$$$ goes to the same folks, so Im sure they dont care.

screenshot_7542.jpg

Edited by kenw111
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Lots of plastic on there.  Honestly a plastic tube cover on the mag tube that holes the whole gun together… I don’t get all the plastic parts beretta chose to go with.

it would be a much better quality firearm if they increased the Price $100 and used metal components.

No field stripping without tools either with that clamp on the end.

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RxArms said:

Lots of plastic on there.  Honestly a plastic tube cover on the mag tube that holes the whole gun together… I don’t get all the plastic parts beretta chose to go with.

it would be a much better quality firearm if they increased the Price $100 and used metal components.

No field stripping without tools either with that clamp on the end.

it DOES NOT HOLD anything together, you can take off that cover and the gun would work fine, its only a shell tube (METAL) protector and buffer between the shell tube and the tube CLAMP.

well you "aint getting it", its lightweight for a reason.  :)