M4 Ftf last round…

danbrew

Have a new 11723 and took it out today for the first time. Went through a few boxes of birdshot, 8-10 rounds of 00, and a couple of slugs. All shot at 50 yds and was generally pleased. I get that birdshot (#8, I think) isn’t a great round for the purpose of this gun, yet I consistently had a failure to feed from the last round in the tube mag. Didn’t matter if I started with 3, 5, or 7 rounds in the tube. The last round would hang up in the tube. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot?

thx. 

IMG_1320.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Did you try it without the +2?

With the magazine cap off, and the spring just stuck in the tube, how much spring sticks out?  (and if you're using a +2, factor that in.

I've always used Nordic's suggested method... 

"On semi-automatic shotguns especially, magazine spring length can be critical for proper function. We recommend that approximately 16” extends past the end of the Nordic Components Magazine Tube Extension as a starting point."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...