T2 mount able to swap between m4 and ar15 with fsb

filthy phil

Like many others i managed to strip one of the screws on my t2 so ive decided to permanently marry my t2 to a mount with red loctite. I like 100% co-witness so if i could get that with one the platforms and at least lower 1/3 on the other that would be ideal. Qd also. Tia

Edited by filthy phil
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I am missing something, but to my knowlede, the difference in the two platforms sight height wouldn't allow for this. Typical AR platform height for absolute cowitness is 36mm or 1.4 inches. Not 100% sure on the height of the M4 cowitness, but the Scalarworks mount I have for an Aimpoint T2, that allows for a lower 1/8th is a pretty low mount and is made exclusively for the M4. Not sure how what you want would be possible (without a completely custom setup) but I have been wrong before.

20231120_154248.jpg

Edited by Icarus2.0
  • Upvote 1

Icarus2.0 made a great point that I didn't consider before I posted previously. The height of the mount for an AR is typically MUCH taller. For a shotgun, you want the lowest mount humanly possible. It's not really a great idea.

Did you strip the threads or the head of the screw?

Edited by NineInchNails

8 hours ago, Icarus2.0 said:

Maybe I am missing something, but to my knowlede, the difference in the two platforms sight height wouldn't allow for this. Typical AR platform height for absolute cowitness is 36mm or 1.4 inches. Not 100% sure on the height of the M4 cowitness, but the Scalarworks mount I have for an Aimpoint T2, that allows for a lower 1/8th is a pretty low mount and is made exclusively for the M4. Not sure how what you want would be possible (without a completely custom setup) but I have been wrong before.

20231120_154248.jpg

That should be fine then

I have another gun with a front flip down that i could use this on if the fsb guns dont work out

5 hours ago, NineInchNails said:

Icarus2.0 made a great point that I didn't consider before I posted previously. The height of the mount for an AR is typically MUCH taller. For a shotgun, you want the lowest mount humanly possible. It's not really a great idea.

Did you strip the threads or the head of the screw?

I got a mount that dosent use the rail it mounts to the reciever and this mount screws to the sight. One of the threads into the sight i stripped.