Montefeltro aftermarket choke tubes

Will Pate

I recently bought a left hand montefeltro and purchased some aftermarket extended invector chokes for ese and speed in changing and when I tried to screw them in they did not fit. The barrel seems to be to large to accomidate the chockes because they drop right to the sholder of choke. I have tried three different well known manufacturere. Any suggestions?

The Monte usually takes Benelli standard chokes (aka Beretta Mobil chokes).

I heard that the Montes were eventually going to get the Benelli Crio Choke system, but I have not seen any confirmation of that yet.

You mention 'invector', which is a Browning choke tube name, so you may be testing the incorrect choke.

Is your Monte new? If so, call Benelli CS.

If used, someone may have blown/bulged the choke area out with large hard shot.

mudhen - CA

Are ya sure somebody didn't take a plain permanent choked barrel & have it threaded for some other type/style choke??..The reason I ask is becuae i bought a M3 short barrel that I assumed had factory benelli chokes & later found out that is what was done to it..only they used ..the "NU-Line" style screw in chokes....or I think that was the brand..i'd have to look at it again to be sure which brand it's called..

Stay Safer!

Originally posted by mudhen:

The Monte usually takes Benelli standard chokes (aka Beretta Mobil chokes).

I heard that the Montes were eventually going to get the Benelli Crio Choke system, but I have not seen any confirmation of that yet.

You mention 'invector', which is a Browning choke tube name, so you may be testing the incorrect choke.

Is your Monte new? If so, call Benelli CS.

If used, someone may have blown/bulged the choke area out with large hard shot.

mudhen - CA

The gun is brand new and I tried three different choke manufacturer's screw in chokes for Benelli products. Comp n choke told me to wend them one of the factory chokes along with the three that I purchased and they would size them correctly. Very nice people in their customer service dept. Benelli Customer service was no help.

Thanks for your comment.

Okay. That wasn't even close. The Benelli standard factory chokes are threaded at the top (for the 20 gauge Monty). The standard Browning chokes are threaded on the bottom (A-5, 20 gauge). The Monty's chokes actually dropped way down into the browning's barrel. The Browning chokes wouldn't even fit into the Monty's muzzle. It was fun trying though :(

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

SgtCathy, I think it has something to do with Brownings back bored system, my invector plus full choke tube measures exactly like my Benelli mod. tube and the invector mod. tube measures the same a Benelli skeet 1 tube. Don't know really how it all works, but % wise the pellet count is about the same. If anyone out there can explain, I'd love to listen.

John