Pattern help please!

turkey

The new Federal HD Flite Control patterned horribly in both my SBE & SBE II.

All Federal turk ammo has patterned poorly in every Benelli I have ever owned.

I prolly could have taken the time and considerable $$$ to figure out what choke tube when with Federal load, but you can only do so much.

From what I have heard, Fed Heavy needs to be tuned like HS. If your guns likes HS, it might like the Fed Heavy.

mudhen - CA

Bowjack, give HEVI-13 a try by Environ-Metal .I used the factory mod choke and smoked a turkey at 65 yards with #6`s.I also use Briley choke tubes( Ex- Im Mod,and Lt.Mod) with excellent patterns with HEVI-13,Remington HV,Kent Tungsten Matrix.My choice for Turkey is HEVI-13 #6 or #4s and for waterfowl go with Kent Tungsten Matrix # 5s,#3s and 1s on Geese.Of all the shells that I have tryed these patterned the best at 40 and beyound and do a excellent job with the MOD Chokes.I`m shooting a Benelli SBE 11 (28") and had nothing but good results with this gun and these shells.Good hunting and hunt safe,Boo