Is an SBE 1 really better than Franchi?

LLJon

Questions:

1) What kind of shape is the SBE in-------is it showing rust, scratches, dings? Percentage of new, what would it be?

2) What kind of price can you get the SBE for-----and what does the Franchi cost? What finish does each gun have----camo, black, etc?

Given a certain set of answers, I can think of a number of reasons to get the SBE.

Not even considering the condition of the SBE, that is an interesting question. Their is quite a price difference between the Franchi and Benelli and they both are inertia driven. What are the differences that justify the cost?

Me and my wife each have a Montefeltro. I did not look closely at the Franchi because I new the Benellis were good guns, but always wondered what I got for my extra money other than a lighter gun (which is really worth a lot).

• 3 months later...

Yes.

That is up to you.

The SBE is a much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, better gun.

I turned down a NIB camo I-12 last week for $400. I think a fair price for the I-12 is maybe $250-$300 tops.

mudhen - CA