Supernova Scope Mount

FOASTIC

Check your receiver on the top side.

I believe the Supernovas are drilled and tapped at the factory.

If that's the case, your receiver will have four holes that will be plugged with hard rubber inserts.

The inserts can be pushed out from the inside.

According to the FAQ, the Novas use a 423M pattern base.

The 423M is Weaver's number, but as long as you cross-reference that pattern, any matching base will work.

If your receiver is not drilled and tapped, then you are free to do whatever you want, but it would be advisable to have done to match the 423M. That way, if you happen to sell or trade the gun, the future owner won't have to guess at it.

I have a Super Nova tactical and it is pre-drilled for a rail. I got one for $10 for mine. The only thing is I had to take the receiver apart to push out the plastic plugs that was in the holes. Here is a pic of the EOTech I put on my SNT. Benelli sells a rail but it runs from $40-$75. CIMG0157Medium.jpg

Thanks to all for the quick reply. I do have the mounting holes on mine, I didn't know what those were. I had thought thats what they were at first, but didn't think to pop them out from the inside.

Any suggestions for a scope ? Do the red dot scopes work any better than the ghost rings ?

No it is not a universal it is made for the Nova/Super Nova. I only payed $20 for mine but I cant remember the name of the web site I got it from. And yes Mesa Tactical has one that goes in the stock and I contacted them back in mid Dec. about the shell holder and they said mid Jan. it should be on the market. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard any thing yet. If the have them out I will replace this one and then get my Nova drilled and taped and put one on it. Here is a link to a place that sales the Mesa Tactical shell holder for the Super Nova stock.httphttwww.gunaccessories.com.com/Mesa_TactiShellHolders.asp.asp

And here is one for the TacStar shholder.httphttwww.tjgeneralstore.com.tacstar.htm.htm If I remember the name of the site I got mine from I will put up another post.

Well not to sound dumb but what do you mean by an absolute co-witness or a lower third co-witness? I'm not real familar with some of the terms that some people use to describe how they hold and use there guns. As far as the rail it is a Weaver mount. The one I have now I had to cut another grove on top so I could bring the EOTech further back. I saw that Natchez Shooters had one and he was not for sure how many slots were on top so I called Weaver and they said 4. The one I have on now only had 2. The size for the Weaver mount is 423M.

Sonyman74:

In looking at your pictures again, I doubt that co-witness is possible - it appears the sights are too low. Co-witness is when the iron sights are visible/useable through your optic - in your case the EOtech. An absolute co-witness would put the dot from your sight holograph, right on top of the front iron sight post when properly aligned with the rear (ghost ring) sight. Lower third co-witness means the iron sights are visible/useable through the lower third of the lenses of the EOtech, but not aligned with the reticle.

Did you say in an earlier post that Picatinny rails are available that are drilled to the same Weaver pattern (423M)? Thanks for your response.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Ok. Now that you mention it I remember what that is. I see a lot of people do that with there AR-15's. I kinda feel dumb now. LOL I only use the EOTech my ghost ring sights are not used. Yes the holes are drilled for Weaver pattern (423M). I have two on the way from Natchez Shooters. I paid $5 apiece for them. I was going to have my Nova drilled and taped but I'm going to get me another Super Nova for hunting and put my slug barrel on the Nova b/c the barrel has a cantilever to mount my scope. That way I don't have to change it out when I want to use my slug gun. I found me a good place for deer and you can only use a shotgun. Plus I took my wife hunting for the first time and now she likes it and wants to start going next year so the extra gun will work fine. Here is a link to Natchez Shooters for the mounts. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WE48443&CFID=90610&CFTOKEN=39946880