M4 heat shield project

MrMilitaryPolice

heres a pic of the steel heat shield i put on my M4 . i was inspired by a pic i seen on here of one installed on another M4. This was a pain in the butt for me, alot of lil fitting and trimming and sanding and refitting etc etc..hardest part was TRYING to not mar or scratch the finish on the gun. The park on these are tough but not scratch proof and i kept the scratches to a minimum and i think its goin to work out just fine...its rock solid.

thanks, im pretty happy with it, would've been much easier with a plastic one but the metal one is all i had and couldnt find another one locally but it worked out ok...glad i seen yours, i didnt think it possible till i seen how you worked it out and its a major improvement as far as not scorching my fingers..appreciate the advice on it.

why are you so consumed with what others have and if they are legal or not?? you should not be drawing attention to someone elses property with references to legalities. if you support the ridiculous 922r law, then follow it to a T, otherwise dont worry so much about what others do with their own weapons or atleast ask them in a PM..

**edit** perhaps i jumped the gun and was a bit zealous in my post to you but some things are better said in a private manner rather than on an open forum, thats all..thanks

tom

Sorry, I'll be more careful next time, I just want to be legal when I get a gun and to be able to trick out my gun the way you guys do and still be fine. I think any law on guns is Bull s**t We should be allowed to do what we want with any gun. I personally would like a grenade launcher on the bottom of my shotgun, that would be SWEET!

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure there's nothing about grenade launchers in 922r (unless they're imported, maybe not even then). If you want one, you've got to shell out $200 and register it as a DD (at least for 40mm's. 32mm's are legal, no paperwork required. Just don't get caught with it and beanbag/rubber ball rounds in the same place.) You also have to register each 40mm HE round as a DD too, so things gets expensive REALLY quick.

Hey M1014, how is your M4 legal? I just read that you can't have the pistol grip stock and the mag extension together, what did you do to make it legal? Thanks

Hey Liberty, I betcha he's got a tax stamp on the gun, but I really don't care and neither does anybody else except ATF.Are you ATF Liberty, cause if you are, your gonna have to change your friggen name.