MILITEC-1 Lube PROS/CONS ?

HOGWILD

Use it all the time Works well Just a little dab wil do ya. Used it up here in the frozen north and in the big sand box no problems.

I was reading about after application that ya wanta heat it with hair dryer but not over 150 Degree's, do you do this and then wipe it dry or leave it as is? Was hearing good stuff from lotta Gi's about it being so much better than CLP and that it had a weird property of adhering to metal? Guess i am sold and will order some because benelli oil is quite hard to find in NM, Thanks!!

I use it all the time here in the big kitty litter box. It works very well on all sorts of things. It definitely keep my weapons cleaner than CLP did, it doesn't attract dust and dirt. I use it on my folding knives, and even on my hair clippers, it works great. The company is tops IMO for sending free samples to GIs too. :)

I use it all the time here in the big kitty litter box. It works very well on all sorts of things. It definitely keep my weapons cleaner than CLP did, it doesn't attract dust and dirt. I use it on my folding knives, and even on my hair clippers, it works great. The company is tops IMO for sending free samples to GIs too. :)

Get your Supply Sgt. to get the NSN from website and order yall a B Load!! Thank's for serving!!

Whats the difference between the bottle of lube and the tube of grease? The description is the same

Tube grease would probably be for a non firearm application i think? grease and oil due they same thing but just different chemical compositions. oil is thinner than grease and ya apply it where grease is called for like on slides choke tubes and oils are for general areas. on the MPC application i think they are speaking of grease in the form of a automotive application? I use Browning Midas synthetic grease on my SBEII and ya use just a tad of it, and just a tad more oil than grease! The FP-10 seems to be for larger calibre weapons from what i have read and the militc-1 is also but they both are supposed to be good stuff by people i have talked to and i am going to try the militec-1 stuff first, smallest bottle they sell, stuff supposed to last forever!!

I have been using Militec-1 for several yrs. with Great Results. My experience has been that it works well in the Cold Snow hunting in Canada and the warm hunting in Florida. I just field strip my M2 and apply a small amount to the bolt and receiver contact/wear surfaces and also a drop or two down into the spring /recoil tube in the stock. Then i just fire the gun about 6 times to heat up the surfaces and i am all set to go. This works for me. Larry

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but anyone have experience with this stuff on antiques? I have used CLP on my modern stuff because that's what we used on duty, but I have stuck with plain Hoppe's gun oil for 100+ year old guns since that's what my old timer friends have used for years, and the antiques seem to keep well with the stuff (at least in the dry Southwest) Just curious...thanks for any insight/opinions