School me on 1014 and M-4

tomday

Hello all, I m a new member who would like a quick course on these 2 models and there differences. I am an LEO who is interested in purchasing one of these, however as a purist I would want to have a shotgun that is or as close to the 1014 as possible. I’m under the impression that the 1014 is outfitted with a full length tube similar to what the Socomguy is making. If so I would like to get one from him and marry it to an new M-4. Anyone know what a decent price should be these days? And why are these becoming scarce? Thanks Tomday

Welcome to the Forum. The leo/military version of the 1014 had the full length tube and the telescoped stock that worked as it should. The civilian M1014, with the American flag embossed on the right side receiver, had the restricted five round tube and fixed collapsible stock. I'm sure a letterhead from your supervisor would get you the real deal without having to fit a full tube yourself. Keep us informed as to what you end up with.

Welcome to the Forum. The leo/military version of the 1014 had the full length tube and the telescoped stock that worked as it should. The civilian M1014, with the American flag embossed on the right side receiver, had the restricted five round tube and fixed collapsible stock. I'm sure a letterhead from your supervisor would get you the real deal without having to fit a full tube yourself. Keep us informed as to what you end up with.

Even LE can't gat the full length BENELLI tube. They will however give you a 2 shot extension. This is cooler for me cause you can slide off your regular bbl. and slide on a 14" one , that is if they ever get around to making some. Benelli's getting to be like HK though and only wants to help propagate a police state.

My personal suggestion would be to go with an 11707, get a collapsable stock, and one of SOCOMGuy's full-length tubes. That will be a pretty close match to the M1014 in use by the US armed forces, with the exception that you won't have a fixed modified barrel and won't have all Benelli parts.

In my opinion, both of these are good things. Chokes allow for more flexibility, and SOCOMGuy's tube has a better finish on it.

First of all, thanks to all of you who responded and everyone who makes this forum so great. I'm hoping to purchase an M-4 14" entry Model 11724. If I can square the paperwork away I'll get it because for about 1475 you get the stock and the gun and LEO credentials is not necessary, just the CLEO signature.

Plan B is to purchase an 18" 11707 and just outfit her with the tube and forget the collapsing stock. Best price I've seen so far for the 11707 is 1299.99. I will keep you guys informed and please note 99% OF THE LEOs OUT THERE ARE PRO GUN, PRO PURCHASE, AND PRO CARRY FOR RESPONSIBLE FOLKS. God Bless you all!