Militec-1 lubricant

johnnywitt

This stuff is so good it's almost unbelievable till you see it! Clean your gun with any type of solvent, I use Hoppe's #9 because I always have, then wipe the gun down with Militec-1 (all metal parts including the recoil tube and stock tube if you have the adjustable stock) and then put the gun out in the hot sun on your back porch, dashboard, ect. The Militec has to get like 115 degrees, or something to bond to the metal. Leave the rubber parts off in the sun. You won't believe how good your gun will funtion after using this stuff. I started out using this stuff in my machine gun and then now I use in everything.

No, I have no financial connection with Militec-1. I just think it's the best thing since sliced bread and want to share with my Benelli brothers.

The other thing I've found is to put a little Armour All on your recoil pads and on the M4 adj. stock. Keeps it looking purdy and protected (especially since they are so hard to get).

The other thing I've found is to put a little Armour All on your recoil pads and on the M4 adj. stock. Keeps it looking purdy and protected (especially since they are so hard to get).

Just FYI, contrary to popular opinion, Armour All is terrible for rubber and plastic surfaces. Sure, it looks great upon initial application. But over time, the plastic or rubber will become what I consider "addicted" to Armour All. If you don't apply it, the plastic or rubber will look dried out, faded, and will likely crack.

I won't put that stuff on anything. I've already ruined two cars with it over my early years. Won't use it anymore, ever.

Guest DocLRRP

I too clean with Hoppe's. And, I use militec. But, I found that if I clean the rails with an alcohol swab, after the Hoppe's and before I put the militec on, I get better results.

I started using RemOil for the teflon base and it seems to hold up really well. I use it on all of my hunting guns and it gives good protection even in hard rain and snow. I am going to get some of the Miltec and try it. Were is the best place to get it online? Thanks.