SBE II Bolt remains locked rearward

T Reed

Ocassionally, when I pull the bolt rearward to the locked position as when inserting a shell, it remains locked. Pushing in the release button does nothing, no matter the force used. I need to play with the shell feed mechanism to get it to release. Is there a defect with my gun or is it some form of operator error? Once it releases, it functions normally untill the next jam. Happens quite often when I break it down for cleaning and reassemble. Sticks like this at the first cycle of the bolt then operates normally after I free it up.

http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/pdfs/SBE%20II%20Manual.pdf follow manual procedures and you should not have an issue and if ya do you were probably not following manual, Italian shotgun is very awkward to first get used to but once ya get the hang of it it makes since. Manual is not the best written ones either as they do not go too far in depth on issues but feel strongly you are not following manual! If ya still have issue cal C/S they will take care of ya if you have a problem and can deal with admitting it!

NJgunner, I use breakfree because that is what Binelli CS told me to use. Just thoroughly cleaned it before a duck hunt this last weekend.

I called them about this issue and they want me to send the gun in. Thanks for the assistance. I will send it in in January, after the seasons close here.

Matt D,

No. Only depressing the shell feed allows the bolt to come forward. I have played with it a bit to determine exactly when it happens. Pulling the bolt rearward just short of it's maximum travel, then releasing it forward about a quarter inch causes the shell feed to pop up. If I pull the bolt all the way rearward, it functions normally.