Kicking my self in the rump.

sonyman74

Finally, shot my M4 today and OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS. This is so damn awesome. I can't believe I waited so long to get one. Well now I can't wait to get the mag. ext. from SOCOMguy and a shell holder from Mesa Tactical, Sure Fire grip. Man today was a GOOD day at the range.

Someone should ban all you jokers for posting without pics of your new M4s:D

Im a newbie here, and a new M4 owner. What was the first thing I did on here? Post pics. Get with the program.

Question. Why are you going with Socom over Daves MW?

I want to use Daves, because I hear you can use the +2 and still get the bbl off over the extension for field stripping without having to remove it.

Get some pics up bro!

I ended up doing the barrel myself ($600. for the barrel from e-gunparts, dimond hacksaw blade $10., shotgun muzzel reamer and campher bit $100.) The magtube ($30. from some guy on the forum) I had done by a machine shop ($20) because the square thread (while very strong) has to be done on a lathe and requires skill. I bought the extra parts so I could convert back to the stock configuration if I need extra capacity (since it is registered as a SBS there is no 922®abc123 foolishness to be concerned with.)

I understand the cutting and sizing of barrel & tube. Who did the barrel ring & sight welds or brazzing? I am so tempted.

I have several rifles I need to SBR,,even if I don't do the work. Just to register them and get the 922r out of mind.

Did you have the gun engraved with your info? or how do you get around doing that?

I'm wondering about the engraving myself. Where are you guys engraving- barrel or receiver? And don't anyone start with the "you don't have to engrave B.S.. You definitely HAVE to engrave. This is why I think I'll just do the barrel instead of the receiver. With that israeli SF mod. looks like only 4 in mag, right?

there was no welding or brazing, I used the stock handgaurd ring as the barrel retaining ring (look close at the picture). I silver solderd the front sight on. on the form one you use the receiver serial number, you have to engrave your name and city on the barrel, did it with a dremel. regards-d