Super nova safety removal

dochoc

Hi

Hope someone can help.Trying to remove the safety button on a Supernova.Have removed the Trigger assembly and taken out the pin holding the bolt stop .This is the bit that sits over the safety button and engages with it to lock the trigger.With the boltstop and its spring removed the safety is fully exposed and looks like it should just push through.Couldnt get it to come all the way out.It still seems to be retained.In the part diagram there appears to be a sprung stop/detent coming up from underneath and engaging.It looks like this needs to be pushed down to allow the safety to come out but I cannot find/feel this at all.Has anybody done this.I read the thread on the Nova removal but it appears to be different.I will scan in the part diagram,and repost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

With some good light,the sprung detent is obvious.With this depressed the safety slides out easily.Unfortunately the oversized replacement (from a nova) does not fit ,and I had to replace the standard one.Anyone know of a oversized replacement.I have tried the DMW version,and the Benelli nova oversized ??