Lubes bad for stocks?

Teufel-hunden

I hate to say this T-H but "tuck" is right your post........it did say "lubes" but you really wanted to know what "solvents" were bad for plastic guns!

Hey, I knew what you meant, this is why I put so much thought into my ACETONE reply.......there are some wicked lubricants to watch out for (esters for example) but you won't find these in the gun shop or even walmart....esters are used more widely for industrial purposes!

Here's an example, don't take your plastic gun to a bakery their oven conveyors are typically lubricated with ester oils....they will attack the plastic and the heat will melt it too!

No Tuck was not "right"- I used lubes in the generic form, which everyone understood, to include you 10gauge. Then he proceeds to tell me that it is ok to put a "lube" (hoppes elite CLP) on my stock that has solvent in it. According to you and just about everyone else this is a bad idea- which I already knew- I was trying to see if there was any products (i.e. foaming bore cleaner) out there that were shore-nuff bad news if some sweated out of the trigger group on to the stock or ran down the receiver on to the plastic for example. I was NOT asking what could be put on the stock it's self. If you are spending time polishing your stock you are WAY to anal and need to put the gun down, slowley back away and go drink abeer.

So there are there are two possibilities here:

1- Tucker has no clue what he is talking about. (I'm leaning towards this one)

2- Tucker intentionaly posted a malicious reply that could lead to the damage of someone expensive firearm. :eek: And don't try to spin this one Tuck- you were dead serious in your posts.

So which is it Tucker?

Inqusitive Dog

Does anybody know of any issues with solvents/lubes harming the plastic PG/foregrip/pogo stocks? Thanks in advance-

Deputy Diggity Dog

Hmmm.... Hey Tucker this is my original post. Did ya read the part where it says solvents/lubes?

Talk about slow on the uptake!

*Just got your reply via berry 10 guage- I aint riled- just holding Tuck accountable for his nonsense posts-

(although I should go easier, Tuck being a girl and all)

(No offense Cathy! Girls are great! You guys are smarter than us and if were not handy for lifting things we would be of no use at all! :))

T-H

"I keep forgetting that we have so many people on these boards who are completely newbs when it comes to firearms, their use, and their care."

One more thing Tuck...... once you start calling someone a "newb" or try to berate their intelligence because you cannot think of a witty reply/cannot defend your points, guess what?

....... YOU HAVE LOST THE ARGUMENT!

T-H

Nope/yes/nope.......

There are not any "negative view of the south carpetbaggers" anymore, if a Yankee moves down here they are quickly converted to full supporters when we charm them with our wit and hospitality.

As for whales, that was a joke also. Your user name is Ishmael, and the opening line in Moby Dick is "Call me Ishmael", and the book is about whaling...... and, errrr- never mind.

Killing people huh? How do you think an M4 would fare against a 1,000 lbs grizzly?

T-H

Although I would consider grizzlies people, that is, as much as people are people, many wouldn't. Although

I didn't fail to catch your references, I appreciate your explaining them to me, as that seems to show a certain kindly-heartedness one would like to think still endures in the South, though that is likely just misplaced romanticism.

It is not "misplaced romanticism", kindly-heartedness still does endures in the South. In general, the attitude of most people in the south is "what can I do for you?", unlike someplaces where "what do you want?!" is the common mindset.

So bears are people? Interesting.

So you believe they should not be hunted?

Do bears have "rights"?

What about bear marriage? (I personally believe at a minimum they should be allowed to form a civil union, at least as long as they promise not to eat the judge after the paperwork is done.) :)

T-H