Origonal SBE or M2

masonkornelis

I'm trying to figure what would be the best bang for the Duck. :)

I would use the gun for trap and waterfowl and am wondering what you all think about the original SBE VS. The M2. I like the recoil system of the M2 but the gun I have fired has a 24 inch barrel...perhaps if I put a 28 inch barrel on it the weight will feel better? What do you think?

I'm trying to figure what would be the best bang for the Duck. :)

I would use the gun for trap and waterfowl and am wondering what you all think about the original SBE VS. The M2. I like the recoil system of the M2 but the gun I have fired has a 24 inch barrel...perhaps if I put a 28 inch barrel on it the weight will feel better? What do you think?

If you can get it an M2 with a 28 inch barrell would be quite the ticket. That is what I have. I have used it for trap, 5-Stand, Sporting Clays, waterfowl hunting and upland bird hunting.

The only advantage that the SBE has to offer is the cpability to shoot 3.5 inch shells.

Be advised though that not all Benelli's will cycle the lighter clay loads. The SBE would be the worst for this and the M2 would be better. The Benelli reccomended minimum load is 3 dram eq and 1.125 ouce of shot. Yo would need to try the lighter loads in the gun you accquire before buying a whole bunch of them for practice.

Mike

I would suggest the SBE II OR THE M2..I have owned them all and recently got a SBE II. And the new improvements are worth the money. It shot 100 3dram 1 1/8 oz without a glitch,and I did not even clean it out of the box Then went to the heavy stuff also without a problem.

I say this because they is much more adjustment in the new guns the old guns do not have. Again this one is number 5 for me (I think)

As for SBE or M2..That would be your choice. For me I can not find many loads under 3 dram anyway and wanted the 3 1/2 inch option. Good Shooting to you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without the slightest doubt.........The SBE or as some call it, the SBE I. Slap an aftermarket recoil pad on it, such as the X-Coil or the Limbsaver and it recoils like the SBE II. Plus it does not have the donkey-di*k trigger guard that the SBE II has.