Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
salukis

Turkey Gun - Barrel Length?

all I'm saying is I learn from this site. So thats where i'm getting this info. Instead of posting that I'm wrong, maybe when you post, say you have new info on the subject. I think you jump to gun a bit.

novaking

all I'm saying is I learn from this site. So thats where i'm getting this info. Instead of posting that I'm wrong, maybe when you post, say you have new info on the subject. I think you jump to gun a bit.

novaking

I can't really go back and re-post everytime something is proven to the contrary.

I think you should have just accepted my most recent post as an accurate representation of my current position.

No big deal, I was surprised with Steve's info, but not totally shocked as shorter barrels have always caused me patterning problems.

Cool,

Does this Steve have a site people can look at

novaking

Not that I know of, but he posts up quite a bit at www.nwtf.org in the Shotgun Forum. You may have to do a bit of seaching on that forum, as he posts all year, and has for many years.

the test i did not prove extreme differences, but were noticeable. when you have doubts, check it out yourself. a buddy of mine, and myself were arguing about this subject a few years back. and thats what we did......believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

I have used a 22" barrel for over 50 years for turkey, deer, and black bear. My favorite length for everything else is 24". I have a couple of guns with 26" barrels but they are seldom used. A short barrel is what you need in a turkey blind.

like i said,try out all the configurations. use what suits YOU. i prefer a 28" barrel for all my bird hunting. turkey, dove , quail, pheasent, and duck. i prefer a 7mm mag for deer. its only my opinion, but i dont much believe in the word "best". its what ever your comfortable with.

All I know is if you carry a short barrell all day you will not have any other. A longer barrel may pattern better but american gun dog says it will not. Dont care cause my sbeII is an awsome machine in 24 inch so buy one and have fun. If I had to say I would say it may be better on the longer barrel but not enoug to put up with the extra length :)

like i said,try out all the configurations. use what suits YOU. i prefer a 28" barrel for all my bird hunting. turkey, dove , quail, pheasent, and duck. i prefer a 7mm mag for deer. its only my opinion, but i dont much believe in the word "best". its what ever your comfortable with.

i hate to repeat myself, but.

18.5"...? Kidding, The only thing i hunt is white tail. Then again... Would an 18.5" get the job done?

nothing to kid about. If you get a good pattern to kill a turkey. use it.