Dear Benelli

warped

Please make sure your contractors all make the bbl. and FSB, MTH etc to the same dimensions.

After doing quite a few of these I can honestly say I never know what size they will be.

BBL diameters are varying (up to 0.015"), FSB and MTH are varying by up to 0.004"

Now, that may not seem like much, but it does affect things, and looks like a huge difference.

The bbl diameter being different had no excuse, you pay thhe subcontractors very well, not how about holding them to a standard?

That is all, carry on...

Please make sure your contractors all make the bbl. and FSB, MTH etc to the same dimensions.

After doing quite a few of these I can honestly say I never know what size they will be.

BBL diameters are varying (up to 0.015"), FSB and MTH are varying by up to 0.004"

Now, that may not seem like much, but it does affect things, and looks like a huge difference.

The bbl diameter being different had no excuse, you pay thhe subcontractors very well, not how about holding them to a standard?

That is all, carry on...

Well known issue, well known.

Identical bbl ID's is probably not going to happen any time soon, not at any BH company. They are bored out with cutters. Cutters wear down until the bores are out of spec. Some like the SBE range from .718+- to .723+- and have always been that way.

Don't think they use many subs for barrel making. Franky makes many of their barrels and Franky is a division of BH.

You think $1600+ is high? What would they cost if each barrel was bored with only one cutter???

But yes, it does cause some problems, especially when trying to find choke & load combinations. I've had very finicky Benellis, Novas mostly.