REQ: how does recoil spring tube attach to receiver?

John Parker

I didn't realize the stock retaining nut screw was installed with loc-tite. I put the receiver in a vise and tried to unscrew the stock retaining nut screw. The entire recoil spring tube started to rotate so I stopped. It less than 1/16 of a turn But now I'm wondering how it is attached to the receiver?

TIA

I didn't realize the stock retaining nut screw was installed with loc-tite. I put the receiver in a vise and tried to unscrew the stock retaining nut screw. The entire recoil spring tube started to rotate so I stopped. It less than 1/16 of a turn But now I'm wondering how it is attached to the receiver?

TIA

A dumb question, but you ARE unscrewing it the correct direction yes?

A call to Benelli is warrented imho. This screw is NOT lock-tighted, or shouldn't be anyways.

its part of the cast i beleive. And from my understanding it IS loc tited..I heated mine up with a bic slow turning for almost a minute, had a friend hold the receiver and used a 17mm wrench on the slots and turned COUNTER clock wise. After I removed the screw, spring and recoil plunger I cleaned and lubricated everything with clp.I used a 20 gauge cloth type cleaner and rod to clean out the recoil tube then put about 6 drops of clp throughout the tube and reassembled (no need for loctite) then depresed the plunger a few times wiht a long rod to work the clp all over the tube. hope this helps

its part of the cast i beleive. And from my understanding it IS loc tited..I heated mine up with a bic slow turning for almost a minute, had a friend hold the receiver and used a 17mm wrench on the slots and turned COUNTER clock wise. After I removed the screw, spring and recoil plunger I cleaned and lubricated everything with clp.I used a 20 gauge cloth type cleaner and rod to clean out the recoil tube then put about 6 drops of clp throughout the tube and reassembled (no need for loctite) then depresed the plunger a few times wiht a long rod to work the clp all over the tube. hope this helps

My mistake. I was referring to the screw that attatches the buttstock that he was TRYING to get undone. Yes, the rec. should be locktited.

Again...dial Benelli.

Another forum member sent me an email.

The recoil spring tube is screwed into the receiver.

I was turning the stock retaining nut screw CCW.

stock retaining nut came off with no problems.

I will try again and heat the stock retaining nut screw.

Thanks for all replies.