What shotgun suits my needs?

ATurner

i have been wanting a new shotgun for quite some time now, and ive been doing research trying to figure out what to invest in, and when i came to the benelli sight i knew almost instantly that i wanted a benelli, but i was hoping to get some advice from benelli owners on what model would best suit what i do (listed below) also, cost isnt a factor when it comes to making my decision

i live in maine, i like to hunt rabbit, turkey, partridge, i love to shoot clays in the backyard, and i prefer wood over synthetic

so anyone with any opinion please speak up.

I own the m2 and it is a verry nice light and verry fast 12 gauge with 3 inch capibility ,i use it fore skeet ,sporting clays ,and mostly ducks and phesant ,and geese it comes in either wood or synthetic and it works good in the cold last week it was minus 35 and i shot 5 rounds of skeet SMOOTH but that is only my opinion you will hear from a few more ,there all nice weapons

Saw a show the other day , guy was shooting an ultralight and he was raisin sin with it! Me if i wanted a wooden stock i would go with SBEII in a 12 Ga! not much difference in price! But a lot more gun! i have NEVER had a malfunction and i will admit it took me a few minutes to figure out i needed to RTFM!:p Italian Shotgus are no where near like any other American Shotguns! Reading the manual took care of all my needs since Uncle Sam got me to 6th grade reading level i have been GTG!:rolleyes:

The Monty's are great guns and a bit cheaper than m2's

Love mine. I went for the Montefeltro Silver in 20 gauge for quali/dove hunting. Paid 3-4 hundred more for for the Silver model (over the regular Monty price), but it is a piece of "art" and shoots great too. Takes some getting used to, but after that, it's primo! Just "killed" me when I got the first scratch on it... stuff happens.

Only drawback that I see is when unloading the gun. I am used to my 1965 Browning Sweet-Sixteen, Belgium-made, which was a breeze to unload. Wish Benelli could come up with a swifter way to extract unspent shells from the magazine. Wouldn't be too much trouble to fix that I wouldn't think???

yeah i went down to kittery and they had quite a collection of benellis, and id have to say that the monte, m2, ultra light and sbe II felt great, but the montefeltro just felt the best, it was extremely well balenced, and a beautiful gun, does anyone know if you can get extended chokes for the monte? because when i go on trulock.com the only extended chokes i can find are for the sbe II and the m2

yeah i went down to kittery and they had quite a collection of benellis, and id have to say that the monte, m2, ultra light and sbe II felt great, but the montefeltro just felt the best, it was extremely well balenced, and a beautiful gun, does anyone know if you can get extended chokes for the monte? because when i go on trulock.com the only extended chokes i can find are for the sbe II and the m2

how about extended AND ported?

Go here: http://www.briley.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=36

Great chokes. you gonna' like!

thanks, that deffinatly helped alot, :-) do crio plus chokes fit all of benelli's shotguns? do the crio plus chokes fit in the montefeltro?

You just tell Briley what your gun IS and they fit it... they will need your model and serial number. They will match it perfectly. It IS an up-scaled company. A bit expensive, but worth the price with regards to quality and dependability.

crio chokes do not fit the monty. Beretta moble chokes

Hang on a minute Novaking... the Briley chokes WILL fit. All you got to do is tell them the exact model, year, and serial number of your shotgn, and they will fix you up exactly! You need not be concerned with crio, non-crio, or any of that. They WILL fit and pattern great! Down here in Texas, we all love the Briley guys (based in Houston) and really appreciate their services.

Hang on a minute Novaking... the Briley chokes WILL fit. All you got to do is tell them the exact model, year, and serial number of your shotgn, and they will fix you up exactly! You need not be concerned with crio, non-crio, or any of that. They WILL fit and pattern great! Down here in Texas, we all love the Briley guys (based in Houston) and really appreciate their services.

I wasn't talking about briley chokes. I was talking about the factory benelli crio tubes. Your right, Briley does a little of everything and there good at there job.

I haven't ever hurd of one cross threading problem yet.:D

I wasn't talking about briley chokes. I was talking about the factory benelli crio tubes. Your right, Briley does a little of everything and there good at there job.

I haven't ever hurd of one cross threading problem yet.:D

Love the "cross threading" reference! Hope it doesn't inspire another six-page dead-end thread.

Actually, I had a 28" 20ga Monte bought last January that takes the extended crio chokes. Sold it to a friend so I could get a 20 ga SuperSport (even longer extended crio chokes). My friend loves the Monte. I notice that the new 26" 20 ga Monte takes the mobil choke. Is this true for the new Monte 28" 20 ga? Very confusing. By the way, the factory 20 ga extended crio chokes pattern lead and steel extremely well. No after market chokes needed.

Edited by BlackDogs3

i have been wanting a new shotgun for quite some time now, and ive been doing research trying to figure out what to invest in, and when i came to the benelli sight i knew almost instantly that i wanted a benelli, but i was hoping to get some advice from benelli owners on what model would best suit what i do (listed below) also, cost isnt a factor when it comes to making my decision

i live in maine, i like to hunt rabbit, turkey, partridge, i love to shoot clays in the backyard, and i prefer wood over synthetic

so anyone with any opinion please speak up.

For what you've spec'd out I'd buy a Browning O/U. I know this is a Benelli site and I do have a safe half full of Benellis but like I said I'd use a Browning O/U.