Stock Shortening Service for M4

Unobtanium

Would a competent person who has successfully done this consider offering this as a service to others who do not wish to make the $$ investment in tools/material to do just 1 stock?

Obviously things *CAN* go wrong, so this would be a "good faith" arrangement of course.

If anyone is willing to offer this as a service, what would you charge? I think a tidy sum can be made doing this without ripping people off. You make cash, we get proper length M4 stocks, everyone is happy, noone gets jacked, and the world keeps spinnin'

Anyone?

Would a competent person who has successfully done this consider offering this as a service to others who do not wish to make the $$ investment in tools/material to do just 1 stock?

Obviously things *CAN* go wrong, so this would be a "good faith" arrangement of course.

If anyone is willing to offer this as a service, what would you charge? I think a tidy sum can be made doing this without ripping people off. You make cash, we get proper length M4 stocks, everyone is happy, noone gets jacked, and the world keeps spinnin'

Anyone?

What kind of Tools would you need? Sandpaper, and a hand miterbox, and your time. Your talking 20 bucks. It will cost you that for shipping. Sorry, if I'm missing something. It look strait forward if your good at that sort of thing.

What kind of Tools would you need? Sandpaper, and a hand miterbox, and your time. Your talking 20 bucks. It will cost you that for shipping. Sorry, if I'm missing something. It look strait forward if your good at that sort of thing.

Yeah, also factor in that some people like me would rather have this done by someone who has done it before than forge new ground themselves with it. I mean, I replace my own mag tubes and other stuff, but when we start talking about cutting on things, I would prefer an experienced hand be at the saw.

"What kind of Tools would you need?" Sandpaper, and a hand miterbox, and your time.

How about a set of iron *alls to be cutting into someone elses expensive stock?

Or having them send a waiver. You know if you feel comfortable doing something or not. If you don't feel like you can do it without messing it up, don't offer the service.

Unob,

I was just joshin' wit ya! They have gunsmiths that do great work etc.... So I get your point, I was just commenting that whoever does the work has to have steel testicular fortitude to make that first cut.

No flame here

I can guide you through it, but to pay me is not the point as a hundred buck or more won't change my life.

See my post below for the mods I made. I'll post a picture of the whole gun too.

More importantly, if I did it, and the job didn't come out right, I owe you a new stock.

If the Marine Tex adhesive, and beleive me, I did a LOT of research before I chopped.

If it delaminated, I owe you a new stock.

I just don't feel comfortable in doing it because of the potential I have to buy you a new one if there was a F-up.

BUT, I will guide anyone who wants to, through how to do it and all the tricks and details.

Edited by ERdept