Im considering selling my SNT...

shotgunNoob

Since I now use a Mossberg 590 (8+1), converted to "A1" standards, I hardly shoot my SuperNova Tactical anymore. Therefore, I have contemplated selling the Benelli. However, seeing as how hard these are to come by, I am somewhat hesitant about selling it even though I never really use it.

Anyway, this gun (w/Comfortech stock) and GR sights, just might be up for sale soon. I have a Nordic Components +2 extension installed and I also have a SteadyGrip stock (used as an alternate spare).

I guess Im wondering if something such as this is worth holding on to, given my circumstances.

Thoughts?

Edited by shotgunNoob

It depends on what kind of gun owner you are. Are you a collector or do you own specific firearms for specific reasons?

Do you have any kind of sentimental attachment to a weapon? Such as, it was your fathers and so on.

If you see them as tools for a job, and you no longer need it -- sell it. Take the money you get and spend it on your next upgrade or firearm you think you need.

What is better about the 590A1?

Frankly, better capacity (without needing an extension) and optimal safety location vs. the Benelli. In addition, the bead sight on the A1 seems much "quicker" than the GR sights on the Benelli...for my needs at least.

In addition, the A1 parts are much, much cheaper and easier to come by. Hence, I feel better about "wear and tear" and actually being able to afford replacing stuff if need be.

Honestly, I believe the Benelli is superior. But, its just not as "practical." Practicality is what I need.

Edited by shotgunNoob

It depends on what kind of gun owner you are. Are you a collector or do you own specific firearms for specific reasons?

Do you have any kind of sentimental attachment to a weapon? Such as, it was your fathers and so on.

If you see them as tools for a job, and you no longer need it -- sell it. Take the money you get and spend it on your next upgrade or firearm you think you need.

Good points...I am wrestling with these. The Benelli was very hard for me to attain, in terms of waiting. The 590...not so much. Also, the Benelli was/is the first shotgun Ive ever truly owned. So, there is somewhat of a sentimental value placed on it. However, I do know that upon selling it, I could purchase an alternate weapon which would be used on a regular basis. Decisions...decisions...

Edited by shotgunNoob

the A1 parts are much, much cheaper and easier to come by. Hence, I feel better about "wear and tear" and actually being able to afford replacing stuff if need be.

I have thousands of rounds though my Nova's with no signs of major wear and tear. I wouldn't worry about replacing parts on the Nova any time soon.

Yes, Mossberg sells there parts cheaper. Theres a reason for that.

Yes, Mossberg sells there parts cheaper. Theres a reason for that.

Supply and demand (same with Remington)...

Sure, Mossbergs arent as "sweet" as the Benellis but, for instance, you could buy 4 parkerized, heavy walled barrels (nearly indestructable) for the price of one GR equipped Benelli Tactical barrel (assuming you could even find one). This, to me, is something worthy of noting.

Edited by shotgunNoob

I've never owned a Mossberg, so I can't really say for sure. And I don't want to offend anybody, by bashing them...But if it were me I would keep the Benelli. Just in case.

Besides, if you don't NEED the money, your Benelli will most likey hold value better than the M'berg...you can always sell it later.

**Most every gun that I have sold, I wish I would have kept...it's hard to do good on a gun sale if the model or a new version is still in production. People would just as soon have a new one, for a little more $$

Supply and demand (same with Remington)...

Yes, Big supply and no demand.:p

I bought my Nova's the way I wanted them. I knew it was hard to find acc. for them. But they are tanks. And that is what is wanted. A gun that doesn't jam and malfuntion, and that is what I have.

The good news is you will be able to sell your Nova quick and easy. Supply and demand you know.

Lawndart- You have given me a few things to think about...thanks.

Yes, Big supply and no demand.
Funny stuff...:) However, Id put my 590 against any Benelli pump...for the next decade or two anyway. ;) Besides, if one cannot afford to and/or find replacement parts at the ready, then this can indeed become an issue. After all, if something on any weapon goes sour and cannot be easily/quickly remedied, you essentially end up with an expensive paper weight.

Regardless, I do like my SNT, so I will probably end up keeping it. But, out of all the weapons I own, I still think it would be the first to go due to reasons centering around practicality.

Edited by shotgunNoob