Very Tempted...

Unobtanium

I am very tempted to *86 the use of an optic on my M4 and instead purchase a pistol.

What this means to you, my fellow forum members, is that I won't be using a certain piece of hardware anymore...

My collapsible stock in LNIB condition.

Would one of you like to persuade me to buy a pistol? I am on the fence with the idea...

I am very tempted to *86 the use of an optic on my M4 and instead purchase a pistol.

What this means to you, my fellow forum members, is that I won't be using a certain piece of hardware anymore...

My collapsible stock in LNIB condition.

Would one of you like to persuade me to buy a pistol? I am on the fence with the idea...

Are you Selling you Collapsible stock? :eek:

Depends on if the aftermarket is going to produce a a collapsible stock any time soon. Once that happens, the value of that stock will collapse somewhat.

If that is a year or more away, I'd consider hanging onto it a while.

Or, I'd have it painted FDE by a pro and sell it on gunbroker for a grand. You know someone will pay it. Or do it up in OD green, and buy a set of handguards from Brownells and have them done too. Package deal, 1200 bones.

What kind of pistol are you looking at getting?

This is slightly off topic, but I saw that you had tested some of your weapon lights for lumen output. Did you ever test the X300? If so, what were they producing?

Steve

Depends on if the aftermarket is going to produce a a collapsible stock any time soon. Once that happens, the value of that stock will collapse somewhat.

If that is a year or more away, I'd consider hanging onto it a while.

Or, I'd have it painted FDE by a pro and sell it on gunbroker for a grand. You know someone will pay it. Or do it up in OD green, and buy a set of handguards from Brownells and have them done too. Package deal, 1200 bones.

What kind of pistol are you looking at getting?

This is slightly off topic, but I saw that you had tested some of your weapon lights for lumen output. Did you ever test the X300? If so, what were they producing?

Steve

The X300, E2DL, and M600C are all equivalent from what I have seen. I have not tested the X300, but it uses the same setup, just different configuration. It looked the same to my eyes.

If you do not already own a pistol, I would reccomend getting one before The Obamamessiah begins pushing for more gun regulation. Given his current frantic rate to push unpopular projects through while he has solid majorities in both houses of congress, I expect more gun legislation (or exuctive orders) this year.

I own a few and love shooting handguns.

What calibers are you looking at and do you have an action preference (single or double, pistol or revolver) yet?

Can not say enough about having at least one .22 pistol either, be it a wheel gun like the S&w "kit gun" or a model 41 that will easily shoot less than 1" goups @ 25yrds all day long. If you camp, hike or have a lot of snakes, the ability to shoot shotshells out of a revolver is nice also.

My personal preference is single action auto and if I had to limit myself to just one gun....the Browning High Power (9mm) would be it. Tons of aftermarket parts, accessories & gunsmiths to work on them. They feel like shaking hands with an old friend and have the best ergonomics of anything I have shot in a center fire pistol.

For home defense I keep a 9mm (BHP) & a 38 Super (Tanfoglio Match) on the nightstands. I like the higher capacity of these guns over the .45 (also a great choice). The .40 S&W is nice also and has a big following for defense & police use.

There is also a huge difference in triggers between the different types of handguns, so try to get a feel for what you like before you buy. Personally the so called "safe action" triggers on the newer "plastic" guns does not do anything for me, but some love them and shoot them well.

Yeah, definitely get a pistol Unob. You'll love it.:D

If you do not already own a pistol, I would reccomend getting one before The Obamamessiah begins pushing for more gun regulation. Given his current frantic rate to push unpopular projects through while he has solid majorities in both houses of congress, I expect more gun legislation (or exuctive orders) this year.

I own a few and love shooting handguns.

What calibers are you looking at and do you have an action preference (single or double, pistol or revolver) yet?

Can not say enough about having at least one .22 pistol either, be it a wheel gun like the S&w "kit gun" or a model 41 that will easily shoot less than 1" goups @ 25yrds all day long. If you camp, hike or have a lot of snakes, the ability to shoot shotshells out of a revolver is nice also.

My personal preference is single action auto and if I had to limit myself to just one gun....the Browning High Power (9mm) would be it. Tons of aftermarket parts, accessories & gunsmiths to work on them. They feel like shaking hands with an old friend and have the best ergonomics of anything I have shot in a center fire pistol.

For home defense I keep a 9mm (BHP) & a 38 Super (Tanfoglio Match) on the nightstands. I like the higher capacity of these guns over the .45 (also a great choice). The .40 S&W is nice also and has a big following for defense & police use.

There is also a huge difference in triggers between the different types of handguns, so try to get a feel for what you like before you buy. Personally the so called "safe action" triggers on the newer "plastic" guns does not do anything for me, but some love them and shoot them well.

Yeah, definitely get a pistol Unob. You'll love it.:D

I have had and played with everything from my $2500 TRS to the G17 in my drawer, but I always end up selling them, usually to my Dad, lol. They don't go far...

Funny, my Dad likes the Glocks too. He has a 17 & 19.

I put the Browning in his hand and he was immediately sold on the feel of the gun.

If you don't live in CA take a look at the EAA Witness (Tanfoglio). In 9mm or 38 Super Auto it holds about 20 rounds in the full size gun and you can swap calibers with barrel changes. Very reasonably priced, accurate (the competition guns like the Elite Match & Limited are tack drivers), good ergonomics and great reliability. For the money they can not be beat. A .22 kit can be had also that consists of the top end & barrel that mates to the centerfire lower. The reviews have all been good that I've seen on the conversions. The BHP also has a .22 conversion kit made by Ceiner that is well regarded.

Cheap practice & much more utility.

What are you looking at/interested in for the pistola?

Funny, my Dad likes the Glocks too. He has a 17 & 19.

I put the Browning in his hand and he was immediately sold on the feel of the gun.

If you don't live in CA take a look at the EAA Witness (Tanfoglio). In 9mm or 38 Super Auto it holds about 20 rounds in the full size gun and you can swap calibers with barrel changes. Very reasonably priced, accurate (the competition guns like the Elite Match & Limited are tack drivers), good ergonomics and great reliability. For the money they can not be beat. A .22 kit can be had also that consists of the top end & barrel that mates to the centerfire lower. The reviews have all been good that I've seen on the conversions. The BHP also has a .22 conversion kit made by Ceiner that is well regarded.

Cheap practice & much more utility.

What are you looking at/interested in for the pistola?

I am not sure. I like Glocks, but they are more function than form for me. I have owned a $1200 sig (unreliable), a $2500 custom 1911 (again, unreliable), shot numerous H&K USP's (reliable, pleasing ergo's, accurate), an XD.40 (okay, but nothing I can't live without), and so on. What appeals to me the most is the USPF in .40. What I will most likely end up with is a G19 and a CC permit in a few months. I enjoy the controlability of the glock platform and my friend's G32 was an excellent pistol. Everything I pointed it at, got messed up. Loved it! The 357 SIG round is a unique round, reguardless of what the +P+ 9mm fans have to say about it. Different sound/feel to it. I liked it, but 9mm is more practical.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you on the Glocks... great, reliable personal defense weapons. A well-worn-in G19 will get that "glass rod" trigger with zero creep and a very clean, crisp pull, in spite of the safeties.

I'm also partial to the CZ 75 series. Very seriously accurate right out of the box. They also make many variations, including the SP-01 (plastic-body) in a competition model (the Shadow) and the duty-carry model (the Phantom). I have a Phantom, and it is a joy to shoot. Light, like the Glocks and other plastic body guns. The one thing I don't care for is the grip is rather slender, and so, while it is great for my wife, who can shoot the thing like a house on fire, I prefer the fat handled feel of the Glock.

The CZ 75 B full-metal version has a nice ergo feel to it and is nice and sturdy. Very popular with military and police around the world. They have a new and improved model, the "P-01" that's NATO-accepted.

The CZ 75 can hold an impressive number of rounds in the non-California version. What is it? 17? Something like that. (Can't remember, I hafta use the 10 round mags!) Great choice for a 9mm.