Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Turkey Loads for my benelli

I had to throw a post in here, several weeks ago I was looking for advice on loads and chokes. I recieved a lot of good advice from you guys like MUDHEN. I wound up taking a great tom a few days ago. I will say that I have always told people not to shoot at birds further than 40-45 yards out, but it so happened because of my scooting farther back off the edge of the field and mis-judging the distance of this last tom that I hammered and I mean hammered him at 55 yds (I thought he was arounf 40-45 yds out), with my M2 and IC choke, 26" barrel, shooting a 3" 2oz load of #5's Hevi Shot. Once I dressed him out there was about 8-10 pellets in the wing/breast area and probably 20+ holes in his head and neck area. Thanks again for the help fella's and I dont believe I will shoot another shell other than the HEVI-SHOT's. 1 1/4 spurs,11" beard 20 lbs.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Supernova. Here's the route to go! 2 or 3 ways.

1. Indian Creek BDS choke/w Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz, 6 shot or 7 shot

2. Pure Gold .670 choke with same as above ammo

3. Same 2 choices with Nitro ammo (hard to get and very expensive) you must purchase it directly from Nitro

Thats pretty much the gospel at this point. Don't doubt me. I have both tubes and shot the 3.5" 2.25oz, 6 shot through both and they are both EXCELLENT tubes for the Supernova 200+ in a 10" circle @ 40

I had to throw a post in here, several weeks ago I was looking for advice on loads and chokes. I recieved a lot of good advice from you guys like MUDHEN. I wound up taking a great tom a few days ago. I will say that I have always told people not to shoot at birds further than 40-45 yards out, but it so happened because of my scooting farther back off the edge of the field and mis-judging the distance of this last tom that I hammered and I mean hammered him at 55 yds (I thought he was arounf 40-45 yds out), with my M2 and IC choke, 26" barrel, shooting a 3" 2oz load of #5's Hevi Shot. Once I dressed him out there was about 8-10 pellets in the wing/breast area and probably 20+ holes in his head and neck area. Thanks again for the help fella's and I dont believe I will shoot another shell other than the HEVI-SHOT's. 1 1/4 spurs,11" beard 20 lbs.

Nice! Even though the IC/Hevi-13/Benelli combination patterns well at long ranges, the shooter still has to do his part. Good shooting!

Nice! Even though the IC/Hevi-13/Benelli combination patterns well at long ranges, the shooter still has to do his part. Good shooting!

Good deal! I had 3 whiteheads @ 55 yards last Saturday, I would have taken them at that range but I had my daughter with her 20 gauge Nova with a Indian Creek tube on hers and told her not to shoot. I don't feel comfortable with the Hevi 13, 1.25 7 shot she was using over 40 yards, thats about max for her gun, as far as patterns go. If I would have been by myself (BLAM!) and those birds were hung up, 1 strutting and two grazing with 4 hens, NO gobbling what so ever. So tomorrows another day (by myself) 8-)

Just some FYI on her gun and load @ 40 the highest count we got was 140 something, not bad for a 20 gauge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...