where are the ducks?

shotgunzano

Went to Wister this past weekend,my first time duck hunting. Didn't see a single duck,as our luck would have it thou some pheasants got flushed out from the field behind us and we ended up taking 4 of them.

So i think i have the bug now,i really enjoyed setting up the decoys,walking on some serious mud, and watching the sun come up. :D

just wanted to ask if anyone has any idea why there are no ducks in that area? :confused:

Thanks

''live it!''

just wanted to ask if anyone has any idea why there are no ducks in that area?

Because it's November and you were at Wister!

Aside from some local ducks and the usual early migrators, Wister is usually not that good until later in the season.

The geese are just showing up in force up here in the north valley, which is 500+ miles from Wister. Many of the ducks are still far behind.

east009.jpg

Personally, I think this is going to be a slow season unless we get storms and rain to move the birds around. It's still bone dry up here, and the fields are barely flooded in some areas.

I get a few birds though!

speck003.jpg

It's a long season out here, it will just keep getting better and better right up to the close on January 31st, 2010......

I live in Northumberland County in Virginia and our goose and duck season starts this weekend,it seems that its going to be very slow.It does not seem to be hardly any geese here,I saw a few flocks,but nothing like last season,i am kind of worried.The ducks are always very late.

Because it's November and you were at Wister!

Aside from some local ducks and the usual early migrators, Wister is usually not that good until later in the season.

The geese are just showing up in force up here in the north valley, which is 500+ miles from Wister. Many of the ducks are still far behind.

east009.jpg

Personally, I think this is going to be a slow season unless we get storms and rain to move the birds around. It's still bone dry up here, and the fields are barely flooded in some areas.

I get a few birds though!

speck003.jpg

It's a long season out here, it will just keep getting better and better right up to the close on January 31st, 2010......

Thanks for the Pics Mudhen. Great view from where you are!

Happy Hunting!

Our Wisconsin season is nearing the end, but it seems we never got a big push of puddle ducks and the bet is the mallards are still holding up north until it gets cold enough to drive them down.

Temps in 50's this week and next dont do much for the cause.

In my neck of the woods we had a terrible season, so I hope you boys down south do much better........hold your breath.