Civilian M2 'Extras' Advice

tasum

Hi there

I'm in the UK and I've just bought a 24" M2 in 12g.

I'm just wondering what other modifications and enhancements you lot have put on your M2's.

I've added the Benelli extended tube. What other mods do you recommend?

The intended use is as a sporting shottie for birds and other vermin.

Does anyone use the Trulock/Truglo choke tubes?

I'd be grateful for your advice and I'd love to see some piccies, even if they are outright US defence loadouts. :)

Thanks for looking.

The M4 tends to be the focus of most of the modifications. I have to admit being an M4 bigot as well. I honestly don't recall many pictures posted of tricked out M2s (could be selective memory). Good luck with your M2 project and be sure to post pics if you find the perfect rail mounted cup holder!

The M4 tends to be the focus of most of the modifications. I have to admit being an M4 bigot as well. I honestly don't recall many pictures posted of tricked out M2s (could be selective memory). Good luck with your M2 project and be sure to post pics if you find the perfect rail mounted cup holder!

Cheers mate. God bless you americans for driving most of the innovations in weapon technology.:)

You lot want it and the rest of us get the crumbs off your table, for which we are eternally grateful.:D

I'm sure I've read about swapped out bolt handles and a mod to the shell plate carrier then stops it snagging your fingers on loading.

I'm interested if any of you guys use the trulock choke tubes for hunting for foxes/coyote? If not what choke do you use?

Edited by tasum

I have a two M2s (26 and 28) and use them for EVERYTHING, and have a serious problem with tinkering with anything that I buy. As far as modifications go, all the standards apply. Sighting options, HI VIZ, double dots, I even put a Burris Speed Bead on one of the guns. Theres a multitude of different charging handles that you can get, I probably have 6 different ones for the M2. Try Cactus Tactical, they should have some for you. I also have bought many different types of barrel clamps to go with the many different length mag extension tubes, my favorite were by Progressive Machine and Tool, really light and sleek, but VERY durable. Come to think of it they make the titanium charging handle that I like too. You can also get yourself the raised gel comb (chin) pad that Benelli makes, I have it on all my comfortech Benellis now. If you are really serious. I also switched out the benelli shell followers with teflon coated Nordic Components shell followers (you can get those at Cactus Tactical also). And one thing I didnt change, cause i am fine with it, is the speed button. But again, you can find multiple solutions out there to modify that as well. Hope all that atleast gets you started. Congrats on the M2 purchase, its the only gun you will ever need.

im quite sure IF anyone here had an M2 with mods they'd speak up. so that should tell you they are not being rude, they most likely dont own an M2 mod'd out!!;)

I never take offence at the lack of a response on a forum.

I appreciate that members have lives, etc and that sometimes my posts are a little oblique or highlight an area which has no immediate answer. But thanks Texas for clarifing.

I think it's mainly for practical shotgun comps and there are people over here who do that.

The M2 seems pretty much sorted in any event, but I know how you lot love your extras.:D

If only we could have M4's then it would be a different story!

Thanks for all the info, I'll post anything useful I find here.

I never take offence at the lack of a response on a forum.

I appreciate that members have lives, etc and that sometimes my posts are a little oblique or highlight an area which has no immediate answer. But thanks Texas for clarifing.

I think it's mainly for practical shotgun comps and there are people over here who do that.

The M2 seems pretty much sorted in any event, but I know how you lot love your extras.:D

If only we could have M4's then it would be a different story!

Thanks for all the info, I'll post anything useful I find here.

Giv me your ZIP, I will air Lift them over your way.