Which Tactical Light for Benelli M4?

ShottyNewb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skeeter,

Do those lights come packed in rice too? Might try it since you like it so much, but not on the M4. I will stay with the good "expensive" stuff for the guns. Maybe as a handheld house light, what batteries? 123's?

Actual quote from Ebay auction:

*** Remark : Please using 1x 18650 3.7V battery only, Don't using 2x 3V CR123A battery, Otherwise the light will be burn out !

ching chong in hong cong!!!!:D but its made out of aircraft aluminum and very very good quality made!!!;) look up the item # i posted for FEEBAY. ill never buy another surefire again!!

Right.

Because who needs reliability, durability, quality, a lifetime warranty, or realistic lumen numbers.

Max lumen ratings are perhaps the most inflated, unrealistic marketing metric in any industry I've ever encountered ... especially on ebay.

It's like the vortex air filters that claim 20% hp gain from increasing the velocity of air going into the engine ... it just ain't so.

Yeah!!! my new 3500 lumen m4 tac-light!!!!! ^_^b02e_1_sbl.JPG

Pssst! Buddy...apart from the guys with fried retinas that you pointed this thing at, I'm thinking pretty much everybody can trace your location...up to and including astronauts on the International Space Station! Better invest in a good IR filter... or just use it during daylight hours.:cool:

Pssst! Buddy...apart from the guys with fried retinas that you pointed this thing at, I'm thinking pretty much everybody can trace your location...up to and including astronauts on the International Space Station! Better invest in a good IR filter... or just use it during daylight hours.:cool:

hey Ohio, what exactly does an IR filter do?? i mean, with it can you still see that well? does it actually affect or lessen the visual view?? i dont understand what they do......TS

hey Ohio, what exactly does an IR filter do?? i mean, with it can you still see that well? does it actually affect or lessen the visual view?? i dont understand what they do......TS

It would filter out virtually all the visible light. They look opaque black, almost like a cover. However, it passes infrared light with little loss of brightness. I'm not sure if all NVG (Night Vision Goggles) would work with IR. Some just amplify (multiply) existing visible light. I think most NVGs do pick up InfraRed but I think we need to make a distinction between the technologies. I don't think the military uses active IR for general illumination because it easy to detect with simple technology (some digital cameras are really sensitive to IR) Cyalume even makes IR chemlight sticks for use with the goggles. The obvious advantage is you can illuminate people without their knowledge (unless they have NVGs).

Edited by OhioM4

It would filter out virtually all the visible light. They look opaque black, almost like a cover. However, it passes infrared light with little loss of brightness. I'm not sure if all NVG (Night Vision Goggles) would work with IR. Some just amplify (multiply) existing visible light. I think most NVGs do pick up InfraRed but I think we need to make a distinction between the technologies. I don't think the military uses active IR for general illumination because it easy to detect with simple technology (some digital cameras are really sensitive to IR) Cyalume even makes IR chemlight sticks for use with the goggles. The obvious advantage is you can illuminate people without their knowledge (unless they have NVGs).

well thats just Great, you've confused the F-ck out of me!!!!:D but if you are telling me by using an IR filter it wont blind them, well then He-ll NOOOO i dont want one!! I WANT to blind the F-ck out of them!!;)