Urbino stock

bigthunderbob

Would any of you care to illustrate the "right" way to use the C-stock? Aside from what KB posted, in which the Marine's head is up and he has no cheekweld whatsoever. (I reckon his cheek goes down to that point when he puts his eye behind the sights.)

Frankly, as a Marine, I've got to say that we're pretty much all right up on the rear sight when we aim. That's just the way I was taught, and it's pretty common among other Marines as well. (That's why we got Gasbuster charging handles for our M16's. Our noses often touch the charging handles.) We keep our eye 2-to-4 inches from the rear aperture. With the C-stock, that means putting your cheek up on the point of the stock.

So if that's wrong. What's right?

Would any of you care to illustrate the "right" way to use the C-stock?

Leo,

I can't speak for anyone but myself so here's how I do it. I don't have anyone to take pics for me so a description is the best I can do.

Whether extended or in the middle position, I put the butt pad right into the nook of my shoulder with full purchase. From there, I just tilt my head to the right and my cheek lands right in the middle of the c-stock. Looking at some of the pics posted, it seems like there are a lot of guys who have the butt pad basically half on/off the shoulder and their head pretty far forward. I think this contributes to the perception that the c-stock sucks. I also run a Leupold Prismatic but I use the same posture with the ghost ring sights. I don't feel the need to get my head right up on the rear sight/optic.

This is a tactical/combat shotgun, not a rifle. From a lot of the stuff I have read, it seems like guys are trying to shoulder it and use it "like a rifle". Personally, I think this is a mistake on a weapon that should be used "both eyes open" and at close range. The only difference might be if you are using slugs but even then, I still consider it a close range weapon. YMMV.

I posted that over at ar15 and I was just having fun in Photoshop. If Magpul made something like that it would be a huge hit with the M4 users.

it would be a huge hit - except in California we can only have two evil featurs on a shotgun. semi auto and pistol grip count for two therefore the adjustable stock makes it so evil that it is illegal. :(