I just dont like the 870

needinga8gauge

It's not even worth getting into it with him. Been down that road.

Because your main argument is a bunch of sentimental BS, and my argument is based on population numbers and the way the food chain works?

If you want to start a conversation about this, start a new topic, and I'd be glad to lay out my logic in full.

I think I stated how I feel.

Hey you little whippersnappers, you all get along or spankings will be handed out!!:D now go to your rooms Novacaine and DugDug and think about what you did!!:p

Hey skeeter,

isn't some parts of Texas over populated? Watch out! You might be next after Duggan done with all the deer.

Hey skeeter,

isn't some parts of Texas over populated? Watch out! You might be next after Duggan done with all the deer.

Hey, not that I endorse going around killing animals needlessly, but you can't really imply that they're on the same level. I'd send deer into extinction before killing an innocent person (pretending it wouldn't throw the ecosystem out of balance).

Hey, not that I endorse going around killing animals needlessly, but you can't really imply that they're on the same level. I'd send deer into extinction before killing an innocent person (pretending it wouldn't throw the ecosystem out of balance).

Of course they're not on the same level, it's a ridiculous strawman argument.

Pest animals with no natural predator, whose populations grow yearly at unchecked levels are a serious problem.

Stating the obvious (that they need to be controlled), as well as my own willingness to participate in said activity should be of no surprise ... but apparently some here take issue with it.

For a gun board, there seems to be a whole lot of touchy feely animal lover types here.

Here, does this picture make you angry? Do you feel the burning rage inside you at what Duggan did to the poor mother?

bambi1.jpg

Edited by Duggan

Of course they're not on the same level, it's a ridiculous strawman argument.

Pest animals with no natural predator, whose populations grow yearly at unchecked levels are a serious problem.

Stating the obvious (that they need to be controlled), as well as my own willingness to participate in said activity should be of no surprise ... but apparently some here take issue with it.

For a gun board, there seems to be a whole lot of touchy feely animal lover types here.

Here, does this picture make you angry? Do you feel the burning rage inside you at what Duggan did to the poor mother?

bambi1.jpg

That movie was in your DVD player wasn't it? If you want the Fox and the hound I can wrestle it away from my kids? Now quit coming up with crap or I'll call your parents and make you clean your room.

I agree 100%. I think its crazy that if you shoot an animal illegally, you will lose more rights than if you were drunk driving and killed someone. I don't know what this world is coming to.

'' I'd send deer into extinction before killing an innocent person."

I still not understand this comment. Who said Texans are innocent people.:p

I haven't seen the Fox and the Hound in ages, as I recall I liked that movie as a kid.

I was always partial to The Great Mouse Detective, Fantasia and that movie where these 4 animals drive a wagon and take a boat in a canal and steal a painting or a piece of paper back from some large hall where everyone is asleep ... can't remember the name of that one.

ETA - The Wind in the Willows.

Edited by Duggan