SBE vs. franchi 912

bigj

Looking to buy either shotgun the Franchi is a little cheaper and I have heard nothing but good things about but I know how legendary the SBE is and I like the steady grip since it will mainly be used for turkey. Help me make my decision

Both great choices. the age old question, which one feels better,fit pull etc. The SBE is easier to clean. If you decide on the SBE, I would consider the SBE II. My duck buddy has the Franchi, it has never failed and he swears by it. I have the SBE and would never trade. A tough call.

Originally posted by shell waster:

Both great choices. the age old question, which one feels better,fit pull etc. The SBE is easier to clean. If you decide on the SBE, I would consider the SBE II. My duck buddy has the Franchi, it has never failed and he swears by it. I have the SBE and would never trade. A tough call.

Shell your right on with tha fill and fit on a shotgun, my buddy has tha 912 also and LOVES it he also says there's no other shotgun better but I beg to differ being that I have tha SBE;) .

Thanks for the info I just don't see the advantage of the sbeII though. I want the steady grip because I turkey hunt mainly and I know benelli is good quality because I have a Nova. But Franchi is part of the same company and I dont think Benelli is capable of making a shotty product. DECISIONS! DECSIONS! thanks for the input.

Originally posted by rogerph:

Beg to differ on Benelli not making shi**y product.Ihave an SBE in Left Hand and its been sent back three times and still will not cycle shells properly. Tried 3in and 3 1/2 in different brands. No luck. I'd love to have my money back.

Mine is a right hand and Benelli or tha dealer I bought it from can have that lil money cause I LOVE my SBE.

Bigj

The reason I suggested the SBE II over the SBE is recoil. On 3 1/2" high velocity the SBE is not for the faint hearted. If 3 1/2" are not on the menu then the SBE is a good choice. Most people on this form are pro Benelli, try to find some Franchi owners to get their opinions.

I shoot the Nova with 3.5'' so the SBE won't be a problem. Do you think the gas operated Franchi will have less recoil? I found 917 camo with 24'' barrel for 650.00 thats a pretty good deal but the benelli is still on my brain. I wish I could have both.