M4 922R compliance parts source requested

azmaxfan

Hello from a Newbee here.

I just purchased a new M4 and would like to add the full length magazine tube, but want to be in compliance with 922R.

Where should I be looking for the tube, forearm and other parts so to comply?

I look forward to becoming a solid contributing member here down the road.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or thoughts.

Bob

There are many options. Some, we are waiting on for release.

For a fixed pistol grip model M4, you need to replace 3 parts with US made production units. If using the factory collapsible stock, you need 4 parts.

1. Full length magazine tube. Kip's from carriercomp is the best value. You get a US made follower and a Wolff spring.

2. Magazine tube follower, see #1.

3. US made forearm. Freedom Fighter Tactical has a stock reproduction unit due for release. It's cheap and lightweight. Surefire has a rail system, the m80. I find the factory stock to be a better solution unless you plan on running a AFG on the bottom rail.

4. Urbino stock. Shorter LOP.

5. Carriercomp hammer, we're waiting on this items release.

6. Carriercomp disconnector, we're waiting on this items release.

Um, what he said.

Can't wait for these other parts. :D

Same here, I was waiting for the FFT forend but I couldn't take it anymore and I bought the surefire M80. I watched the Magpul videos so now I want the Magpul forgrip.. :D It looks comfortable and tremendously useful. Still waiting for carriercomp's bolt handle, hammer, disconnector, follower, and whatever else they release. Trying not to think about it though, the suspense is building.

curently have:

Surefire M80

Gear Sector offset Mount for Surefire 6P series light- FDE

Gear Sector QD sling mount - FDE

Gear Sector weapon controls- FDE

Magpul sling- FDE

Magpul AVFG- FDE

thinking about adding Tango Down rail covers. The AVFG and weapon controls(mounted left and right side of forgrip behind lightmount & sling mount) are very comfortable

Have any pictures of that Surfrat?

Not yet, just got everything put together and will be heading out to the range on Sunday..cant wait:D. The weapon controls coupled with the AVFG really lock your hand onto the forgrip, I will give a range report after Sundays trip and will try to get some pictures posted when I get some time or will PM you some pics when I get my post count up