benelli s.b.e and m1

greenhornet

Greenhornet, you might go to a local Wally World and get one of those Limbsaver recoil pads with a sleeve that slips on to the stock over the existing one for a short term solution. Exchanging your stocks for one of the Benelli Comfortech stocks (in case your shotgun did not come with one) might help a bit. A fitted mercury recoil reducer (Benelli has one) could also help.

Perceived recoil is always a tough one to diagnose and cure. Sometimes, the stock you have just does not fit you properly and getting that looked into by a stock expert may be the biggest help you can get. I do a lot of testing with all types of shotshells and the guns that seem to be easiest on me are the gas guns. Good luck!

GTPSC

http://www.blackborechokes.com

Other than replacing the recoil pad with something like a Limbsaver pad, there's not a whole lot you can do. Benelli made (makes?) recoil reducers that go in the buttstock of some guns but I question their effectiveness. Benellis are light, recoil operated guns and mostly, you'll just have to get used to the heavy recoil if you want to continue to use magnum loads. Personally, if I'm not getting the snot kicked out of me when I fire, it just doesn't feel right. :-)

Greenhornet, you might go to a local Wally World and get one of those Limbsaver recoil pads with a sleeve that slips on to the stock over the existing one for a short term solution. Exchanging your stocks for one of the Benelli Comfortech stocks (in case your shotgun did not come with one) might help a bit. A fitted mercury recoil reducer (Benelli has one) could also help.

Perceived recoil is always a tough one to diagnose and cure. Sometimes, the stock you have just does not fit you properly and getting that looked into by a stock expert may be the biggest help you can get. I do a lot of testing with all types of shotshells and the guns that seem to be easiest on me are the gas guns. Good luck!

GTPSC

www.blackborechokes.com

I already have the limbsaver

does anyone know how I can tame the recoil on these guns ?

Been shooting hevi-metal number 3's in 3inch and they are deadly on ducks, but the recoil is killing me any help

thanks

Local gunsmith (who specialties in National Match weapons) installed a Dead Mule Recoil Reducer in my .338 and believe me it certainly cuts back on recoil. He drilled I believe a 7/8" dia x 4½" deep in by butt-stock and inserted the reducer.

This is a mechanical recoil reducer, not mercury.

Edited by crofton