M4 Trigger Work

Duggan

I remember someone posted about having done this, but I cannot find the thread.

I'd like to send my trigger assembly to someone, and have them make it as short and smooth as possible. As it is now, it kind of wobbles from side to side, it has a lot of overtravel and pull length, and obviously it's a pretty heavy trigger.

If you've had this done to your m4 trigger assembly, or know someone who has, let me know who you went to and what the results are. Price is irrelevant.

wobbles :eek: ?????????side to side :eek: ??????thats those 11707s for ya,,,,,,shotguns are not made for pistol or rifle like hair triggers,,,there once was this a**hole last summer who said his saftey was to stiff for his limpyself,,,if you boys know whats safe for yourselfs don't go meddling with the trigger group,,,one good shake or a bolt slamming close,,,its over,,they make them with those long creeps and heavy pulls so guys like ya'll can grind them down and try to sue the manufacture,,, :D :D ;) :cool:

My new 11707 don't wobble....I checked it with a trigger Lb guage....breaks rt @ 4.8 lbs & & is a claybust'n,Blu quail dove,wild Turkey pop'n Momma...Even way the **** out theree....& the trigger group is tighter'n Dicks hatband.....Heh-Heh!

I'm thinking more along the lines or tightening and crisping than grinding down and altering. It just seems that my trigger isn't how it should be, and I see no way for the avg end user to tighten or adjust the trigger group.

It does wobble from side to side a bit, and it's not really a pleasant trigger pull. It's as if the trigger isn't really properly stabilized inside the trigger group housing ... not really sure how you describe it. I think it could get a lot better without jeopardizing the safety of the gun.

What do you mean by excessive wobble? (serious question, not a Clinton response) My trigger has a bit of lateral play, measuring about 1.5 mm at the tip (free edge) of the trigger. I haven't really paid attention to my other weapons. What would you consider excessive? Your other M4's have absolutely no lateral play? Thanks for info.

Support your local PJ

That seems like a bit of lateral play. Did you call Benelli? They give you any idea what is in spec? Since I have only one M4, I can't really compare what's missing or not on the trigger housing metal...hope you can post a pic...and keep us posted.

Support your local PJ

Hey Duggan,

My trigger group looks the same ( no missing metal) I really couldn't tell how much lateral play you had on the video (old eyes don't work so well on a 1 inch square avi) but mine only moves 1-1.5 mm...it is not rock solid but most of my other toys have some play too, the exception is my Colt M4, which doesn't move at all laterally, but still has a heavy pull, creep included. I don't have a trigger gauge, but the Benelli M4 pull seems OK to me, but I am afterall a shotgun newbie. My only other is a 16 ga Winchester 24 SxS..good for marrying off my daughter tongue.gif

Support your local PJ