Mil spec rail replacement for the M4

Reggie_375RGR

So I'm going to buy an optic for my M4. I'm going with the Trijicon RMR with a picitinny rail mount. I know that freedom fighter tactical sells a picitinny rail replacement for the M4. Their website says that the rail on the m4 has problems with optics and other accessories fitting/working. Has anybody had that problem with the M4 rail that comes with it? Also does anybody have any experience/have the rail from FFT? I know that alot if people have optics for their M4 so has anyone had any problems with their rail and had to replace it?

The FFT top rail is a good choice. I have a carriercomp, but they're virtually the same. The factory rail can damage certain mounts quite easily. Many people had issues with LaRue mounts. Upgrading is a good choice if you plan to mount anything to the top rail. Just be sure you torque the screws appropriately so you won't strip the fine threaded aluminum holes.

Agreed, I have the FFT, yet to actually mount an optic on it, but from everything Ive heard its mil-spec and will work great,fit and finish are perfect, aesthetically looks better then the stocker, and its nice knowing a proper rail is there if/when I decide to mount an optic.

What about the MOD 3 entry rails from sidearmor tactical systems. Do any of you have any experience with them? Those rails seem really functional, I'd like to know how they work

also, does the rail count towards your 922r parts?

Edited by Reggie_375RGR
Another question