Raising cheek pad on M4 collapsible stock

Sigma05

I’ve been racking my mind to figure out a way to raise the cheek pad on the M4 collapsible stock. The Hensoldt red dot I run is high and I don’t get a good cheek weld. I have to “hunt” for the dot every time since I don’t have a consistent cheek weld. I did a search and the only thing I have found is people adding adhesive pads on top of the stock. I dissembled mine and noticed that you could make some risers. I also noticed that the third screw had a concave recess, so that spacer would have to have a male/female extension made. Should be a simple non-permanent mod. Anyone done something similar? Any other feedback on different solutions. Would like to see what others have done before venturing into this. 

I intended to use the lowest ADM mount with a Vortex SPARC, I figured cheek weld might be an issue so I wen with the ATI Raven Stock because the cheek piece is easily adjustable. It definitely works, but I think I'd prefer the M4 collapsible stock. I'm interested in a potential modification.

opplanet-advanced-technology-benelli-m4-

Edited by NineInchNails

I'm having a very hard time finding any photos of the collapsible stock disassembled. I'm only finding this exploded view schematic.

Benelli_M4_schem.jpg

Would you mind taking it apart and post some pics so that those that do not own one can see what might be involved with creating a spacer? That would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy that I cannot find pics and more so that I do not own one.

3 hours ago, Sigma05 said:

I’m away from the shop. After you remove screws (113) you would make some spacers that go in the screws, between cheek pad (111) and stock (124). You could also stack washers if you want a cheap solution.  

Looks like that would work... but I'd seek out longer screws to make up for the amount of spacers used.

8 minutes ago, Scout_21 said:

Looks like that would work... but I'd seek out longer screws to make up for the amount of spacers used.

Factory screws are M4-0.7-18mm. You would need to get ones that add as much as the spacer you may need. The factory ones are quite long and would be enough if you are doing a slight washer stack. 

Edited by Sigma05