Rhino Chokes ... where to get?

Paolo

Smart @ss LOL

Commando, I was going to purchase the Carlson Crio Turkey Choke but I've heard so many good things about this Rhino Choke, I had to try it out. I hope it's as good as they say ... $100 less in my pocket.

Anyone know if the Rhino Choke is good for all shots including steel?

Paul

Originally posted by Paolo:

I just ordered my Rhino choke from Wingsupply ... I got the .660 in 2" .... what is the difference between the 1 1/2" and 2"???

Can these Rhino chokes be used with Steel shots?

Paul

You will get the 1.5" in the package - WS has been informed of the typo for over a year and they have not changed it.

Rhino does not sell WS the 2", as the 2" is a special order tube from Rhino.

I tested at least 9 tubes before last season, and only the Rhino .660 1.5" was worth a sheit.

All the other makers just offered the Optima Plus tubes that they THOUGHT would work, none but Rhino actually tested them.

Shoot Winchester ER #6's 3.5" - you should like that combination.

mudhen - CA

I always wait for the closest shots ... It's definitely alot more fun! Between the calling and the birds circling over your head and then finally coming in with their wings cupped...it's awesome!!! However there is an area where we hunt that near shots is almost impossible so that is why I need the long shots.

Has anyone tested the Wad Wizard or Patternmaster with a SBEII? If so what shot loads were you using? Thanks!

Paul

Originally posted by Paolo:

Thanks Mudhen. I can't wait until I get this choke! Have you tested them with the Winchester Supreme loads 2oz #6?

Also, what choke do you recommend for waterfowl? I'd like to get one for long range shots.

Paul

The Supremes pattern ok, the ERs pattern better.

I have a Rhino .715 for mid-range ducks, but I'm sure a Rhino .690 or even tighter would work great with HS or ER in #4's. Both of those shells will hammer the birds at 45-50 yards.

I also shoot the Primos Pass tube - it works fine with steel, Matrix, and HS.

mudhen - CA