Some weird Activ ammo

Doge

So I had some of these weird full plastic shells available on my latest range trip. From a quick google search they appear to be off the market for quite a long time.

S__14245903.jpg.e5a981092fc3cbb05df3f4b0c68eac12.jpg

They ran in my Benelli M1014 fine, but the highlight was in my magazine fed shotgun. These loaded really easy compared to the normal brass/plastic shells since it is completely smooth. These didn't catch on the edge where the plastic and the hull met.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doge said:

So I had some of these weird full plastic shells available on my latest range trip. From a quick google search they appear to be off the market for quite a long time.

S__14245903.jpg.e5a981092fc3cbb05df3f4b0c68eac12.jpg

They ran in my Benelli M1014 fine, but the highlight was in my magazine fed shotgun. These loaded really easy compared to the normal brass/plastic shells since it is completely smooth. These didn't catch on the edge where the plastic and the hull met.

What mag-fed are you running? I have a couple, Vepr 12 never fails, Kalash... not so much

I bought a bunch of these in the late 80's / early 90's. As I recall, it was a value option (low cost, decent quality) for buckshot.  Still have some at the cabin, and they ran fine in my M4. 

I have some in 3 1/2 inch (not for the M4) that have a decent kick.  

On 11/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, StreetSweeper56 said:

What mag-fed are you running? I have a couple, Vepr 12 never fails, Kalash... not so much

Valtro PM-5. Super uncommon shotgun.

Went out to the range again today to test out a new 6.5 Creedmoor. Took the whole family of scatterguns:

IMG-3271.jpg

IMG-3273.jpg

IMG-3272.jpg

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Doge said:

Valtro PM-5. Super uncommon shotgun.

Went out to the range again today to test out a new 6.5 Creedmoor. Took the whole family of scatterguns:

IMG-3271.jpg

IMG-3273.jpg

IMG-3272.jpg

Nice family foto! I should do that sometime. I guess my rarest scattergun is the Baker "Batavia Special" made before 1919. I've never shot it though, I'm afraid of cracking that 100+ year old wood. 20" bbl, it was a working coach gun; I asked it if it ever blasted anyone but I got no answer.

I had a long range hiatus since I was traveling overseas for half of the year. Figured it was time to get some of the toys out for fresh air. I still need to find time to go again ? since I have a ton of weird ammo to use up and a bunch of shotguns that I've never shot before.

19 hours ago, CobraBG said:

I've never heard of it. So it's just a full plastic shot shell? Anything else special about it?

Nope not really. The shell was advertised to not corrode easily, but really the hidden gem on this ammo is the easy loading on single stack box magazines.

• Like 1

Nah. It is when you put shells into the magazine. The edge of the plastic hull that meets up with the metal rim can snag on the shell below it. Not an issue when you are starting the first shell. It get progressively worse the more you load in.