New SBE3 - Front Bead Off Center

zz3l4b

Has anyone noticed their SBE front bead is off center? I reached out to Benelli for a replacement bead and they said that they could not guarantee that I would get one that wasn't off center again. I'm wondering if this is the root cause to my gun shooting 2" to the left at 21 yards. 

SBE3 Bad Front Sight.jpg

One would think that the original sights for this $1,500 gun would be of better quality, and I would not be required to purchase replacement sights from the Benelli Performance Shop to rectify this situation.

The Benelli website states: "Benelli's renowned reliability, exceptional quality and forward-thinking innovation set us apart. Every firearm we make demonstrates a commitment to superior technology and craftsmanship that has propelled us to the forefront of the shooting industry."

The gun shoots high (80/20), which is the biggest problem, and to the left (2" at 21 yards & just under 4" at 40 yards). Benelli performed a repair to lower the point of impact, which appears to have left the gun in an unsafe condition, so now the gun is heading back to Benelli for inspection/repair.