M4 stuck BCG from snap cap?

Equalme

Ugh. Brand new M4 that I just assembled with no issues when I cycled it a few times. Bolt pulled back smoothly.

I loaded a single Tipton 12g dummy round and now it’s stuck. The bolt face? is stuck halfway and will not budge either way. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

a wooden dowel down the barrel and trying to force it out would be my first idea.  I am guessing the dummy rounds are out of spec or something got deformed on the dummy round

I would be lubing it a lot, down the barrel, before trying to force anything out.

Another idea, try to get the extractor to release.  Again, add lube.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RxArms said:

a wooden dowel down the barrel and trying to force it out would be my first idea.  I am guessing the dummy rounds are out of spec or something got deformed on the dummy round

I would be lubing it a lot, down the barrel, before trying to force anything out.

Another idea, try to get the extractor to release.  Again, add lube.

It looks like the bolt face twists onto a lip on the barrel? If I’m forcing a dowel down the barrel, would it not just be ramming against the lip only? Looks like it needs to be twisted some more?

Got a vice? If so, clamp onto the bolt carrier on the rails preferably with some kind of padded jaws. You'll then want to hit the barrel assembly forward with a mallet. You can pull your gas pistons and you can hit the ARGO housings. The bolt head does cam over about 30 degrees as the head presses into the bolt. This rotation locks the head into the barrel lugs. This snap cap likely caused the bolt head to rotate and jam into the barrel lugs.

Using a dowel and hammering down the barrel on the snap cap won't likely work since you'll just be driving the energy into the barrel lugs. Spraying some lubricant down the barrel and in around the locking lugs will help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Damn that sucks!  Yaa…Tipton dummy rounds are total shit, at least the various different calibers I’ve wasted my money on. I have found the best/most correct tolerances are B’s Dry Fire Snap Caps..A.K.A. “B’s Dummy’s”. I also quit buying the various Tipton cleaning products, for me they don’t hold up well..moved over to BoreTech and ProShot products a few years ago. The Tipton gun vises are good quality & hold up well.

• Upvote 1