Benelli M4 6" barrel extension

Patchy

Hi. I got my benelli m4 h20 a few months back and i absolutely love using it at the clay ranges. After going to a certain sporting clay range a few times, ive just been told i cant use my m4 because the barrel isnt 24". Has anyone used a 6" extension before? Is it worth the $? Because it was a disappointment that i cant use my first/only/favorite shotgun at clays anymore. Ive found a few online, but ive been trying to also find actual stores i can go to to see and purchase it. I am in Los Angeles but willing to travel a fair distance. 

Much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Patchy said:

After going to a certain sporting clay range a few times, ive just been told i cant use my m4 because the barrel isnt 24"

Wow... that's really snotty. How is your barrel not the "approved" length hurting them? Unbelieveable...

It's the Benelli/Beretta mobil choke.

Edited by StreetSweeper56
Add info.

1 hour ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Wow... that's really snotty. How is your barrel not the "approved" length hurting them? Unbelieveable...

It's the Benelli/Beretta mobil choke.

I was told that because the barrel is shorter it increases the risk of unsafely swaying the barrel around... 

Edited by Patchy
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Patchy said:

Hi. I got my benelli m4 h20 a few months back and i absolutely love using it at the clay ranges. After going to a certain sporting clay range a few times, ive just been told i cant use my m4 because the barrel isnt 24". Has anyone used a 6" extension before? Is it worth the $? Because it was a disappointment that i cant use my first/only/favorite shotgun at clays anymore. Ive found a few online, but ive been trying to also find actual stores i can go to to see and purchase it. I am in Los Angeles but willing to travel a fair distance. 

Much appreciated. 

This is fairly normal for skeet/trap clubs.  The longer the barrel the quieter it is also. It is the same rules up here in canada.

would be pretty sweet to get a 24” barrel on the M4 so it can be turned easily into a trap gun.

ive never used the extensions but I have seen them before on turkish guns, I think they work well enough.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, RxArms said:

This is fairly normal for skeet/trap clubs.  The longer the barrel the quieter it is also. It is the same rules up here in canada.

would be pretty sweet to get a 24” barrel on the M4 so it can be turned easily into a trap gun.

ive never used the extensions but I have seen them before on turkish guns, I think they work well enough.

Canadians are WAY too nice...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Late to this but I had this exact issue and got an 8" extension.

It works for the range that had a 26" minimum (local noise regulations).

But does it shoot well?

It's been suspiciously inconsistent. I'll get 6/25 one round of trap and then 20/25 the next. The extension and choke tube always gets loose after 1-4 shots.

One big detail I found out later is that the inner diameter of the extension is .1 smaller than the barrel of my Citadel Warthog.

I've done around 600 rounds through this extension barrel and it's not broken so... it works (?)

One fun perk to the longer barrel is reduced felt recoil.

7 hours ago, cas said:

This all sounds like a waste of a perfectly good excuse to buy another gun.  And that's a shame.

I agree, the M4 is not a trap gun.  It is excessively heavy for such a task.  And there is no >26” barrel available, unless a Turk company wants to manufacture one. 

even then, ghost ring setup is not ideal, a bead sight is ideal. 

• Upvote 1