When to Rebuild

RPC

I am familiar with rebuild guidelines- specifically expected spring life and on what timelines to replace them- of my Glock firearms and am curious what intervals either Benelli or this group recommends to replace the various springs of the M4. 

For example, I keep my M4 fully loaded and in Condition 1 in the wall safe. At what age should I think about replacing the mag spring? Replacing the various trigger pack springs?

Any other component of the M4 have a finite life span in terms of age vs round count?

5 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

Trigger Springs, at least coil springs in this case, loose tension from cyclic rate, not compression.

Even in the Marine manual, I’ve never seen a replacement time change on springs 

Helpful, thank you. 

So when one breaks would be a fair plan. 

19 hours ago, M2_shootr said:

I’m really not sure. 
no real way to understand when a spring will fail. Over the years, with different shotguns, the mag tube springs are all I remember changing 

Got it, thank you. 

Shot a note to Benelli CS asking, will share whatever I get back for anyone else who might look for this info later. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2023 at 7:26 AM, M2_shootr said:

Trigger Springs, at least coil springs in this case, loose tension from cyclic rate, not compression.

This is the standard line in the gun world. Repeated often.  But take and use this information sparingly. It may very well apply to some types of springs of a certain level of quality, but people read it and take it as gospel about all of them.

From my line of work, I've learned it's far from true.

20 hours ago, cas said:

This is the standard line in the gun world. Repeated often.  But take and use this information sparingly. It may very well apply to some types of springs of a certain level of quality, but people read it and take it as gospel about all of them.

From my line of work, I've learned it's far from true.

Ok….then educate me

Ive seen spring manufacturers state a coil spring, under pressure, come loose some strength over a long period of time. But is this 5% in ten years? How much is some? How long is a period of time? They all so state loss of tension due to cycles