Another special purpose use for your Benelli shotgun

Sukhoi_fan

• 2 weeks later...

Waging a ground war/occupying enemy territory  as we know it is effectively over. There are electronic counter measures to drone attacks but they've definitely changed the battlefield.  I dunno really what us Joe Blow citizens could do to counter them in a SHTF scenario.

Edited by MrMilitaryPolice
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

Waging a ground war/occupying enemy territory  as we know it is effectively over. There are electronic counter measures to drone attacks but they've definitely changed the battlefield.  I dunno really what us Joe Blow citizens could do to counter them in a SHTF scenario.

When I was in the Cavalry we'd  practice shooting at styro RC planes and I can tell you hitting a flying target that small is very difficult, even with MG's. 00 buckshot might your best option assuming it's close enough; beyond that, a well aimed rifle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:31 AM, Sukhoi_fan said:

Drones are definitely a problem now and getting worse going into the future. Suggest you take that into account in your shotgun and ammo preps planning.

https://www.twz.com/news-features/drone-warfares-terrifying-ai-enabled-next-step-is-imminent

Being able to capture it and repurpose it or connect a tracking device to it that then you can release back into the wild and do an old-fashioned T-Hunt or fox hunt as we call it in amateur radio. Then you can find the individuals who are controlling them. Or as I said hacking it and downloading the data that is on it or uploading a virus on it so when they connect it to their computers it will brick their system or allow you to put a back door into their network and boom you have control. 

• Like 1

Just now, StreetSweeper56 said:

That is a darn good idea, hack the controller signal with a more powerful transmitter that is closer, send it back "home" with its grenade payload. 😆

You got it. Need to be smarter than the average bear 😉

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, RxArms said:

Shotguns are the way of the future, and the past.  And everyone thought rifles were the best 😏

Shoot a robot with 5.56 or 12g, take your pick!

I prefer a 7.62x51 personally, but whatever works for you.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, John Doe said:

I prefer a 7.62x51 personally, but whatever works for you.

I also like 7.62, I don’t own any 5.56 rifles… robot warfare would be versatile with slugs and buckshot, can do air targets and ground.  

• Upvote 1