SBE 3 high and left.

Sbarfoot

Good afternoon. Iam new to this forum so forgive me for this post which Iam sure has been discussed at length. 

What’s the thought process from benelli to manufactures a gun that shoots high left out of the box ? 

How about some more info?

What kind of gun is it?

What kind of sighting system is on it?

What kind of shooting do you do?

What ammo are you using or plan on using?

What is your shooting experience? Have you been shooting forever or is this your first gun or somewhere in between? 

How high and left are you hitting at at what distance?

That info might get you some good info on where to start. 

1 hour ago, remarkable said:

The correct qustion should be: I am shooting my Benelli High and left, I don't understand why.  This would be a good start to understanding gun fitting and patterning.

TBH it should shoot straight out of the box. Working through shim system now. 

1 hour ago, REZARF2 said:

How about some more info?

What kind of gun is it?

What kind of sighting system is on it?

What kind of shooting do you do?

What ammo are you using or plan on using?

What is your shooting experience? Have you been shooting forever or is this your first gun or somewhere in between? 

How high and left are you hitting at at what distance?

That info might get you some good info on where to start. 

SBE 3 

standard sight system. 

duck hunt , turkey hunter. 
full choke mostly. 
See below  first two shots were with me aiming at the red dot which were both high and left  

The shots in the middle of the black are with me aiming bottom right  , dead center  working through shim system now but if you have another way Iam all ears  Started looking into this after this years duck  season  

IMG_0141.jpeg

Your gun is shooting where you are pointing it, this is why gun fitting is critical.  You are currently pointing your gun higher than you think and pointing the barrel to the left.  This is done because your gun currently does not fit you correctly.  It is also important  to understand what a 60/40 patter is, the Benelli Patterning spec  and the sight picture for oriention.  I am going to include all of these, please let me know if you may need help understanding the QuadrFit system.

Benelli Lab - Itally

image.png.c4ebd3e373b9f42e3f10619de70d6992.png

image.thumb.png.2742fa4f72b753f6fc72d1467557ef80.png

image.png.0eea4d0e7f7024102295ea0e148b3c17.png

This is why you are pointing the gun higher than you think you are.  When looking down your rib it needs to be flat, your eyeline is currently too high and you are pointing your gun higher than you intend to point it.  Going back to the original post:

I am shooting my Benelli High and left, I don't understand why. 

You are pointing your gun to the left because your eyeline is too far to the right of the rib if you are right handed.  You are then "correcting" this by moving your barrel to the left.  

Please let me know if you need assistance in understaning the QuardraFit system..

18 minutes ago, remarkable said:

This is why you are pointing the gun higher than you think you are.  When looking down your rib it needs to be flat, your eyeline is currently too high and you are pointing your gun higher than you intend to point it.  Going back to the original post:

I am shooting my Benelli High and left, I don't understand why. 

You are pointing your gun to the left because your eyeline is too far to the right of the rib if you are right handed.  You are then "correcting" this by moving your barrel to the left.  

Please let me know if you need assistance in understaning the QuardraFit system..

Tell me about the Quadra fit system. Which shim cast set up will lower the gun when shouldered  ? 

10 hours ago, Sbarfoot said:

Tell me about the Quadra fit system. Which shim cast set up will lower the gun when shouldered  ? 

Install the shims that will add more “drop” to the stock, that lowers the end of the stock helping you look down the rib instead of seeing rib. The higher the number on the shim the greater the “drop” distance of your stock fit.

Think of the recoil pad end of the stock as a rear sight. When making sight in adjustments you move the “rear sight” the direction you want to move the point of impact on the target.