No IWC Mount Available. Anyone Experience With MSP Scout Light Mount For Benelli M4?

Mischievous

While waiting for Benelli M4 11733 to be shipped to local FFL dealer, ordering accessories.  Understand sadly that IWC owner passed and company in probate, so IWS light mounts are not available.  Previously had the M4 LE 11721.

Does anyone have experience or can chime in about MSP (Mounting Solutions Plus) Scout Light Mount for Benelli M4?  Looks like a knockoff of IWC product.  

MSP Scout Light Mount For Benelli M4 (mountsplus.com)

Selections so far for Home Defense Weapon (Primarily)

Briley Carbon Fiber Tube (considered the CarrierComp Brushed Titanium like had previously)

Likely Order the Briley Follower, but open to suggestions.

Cloud Defensive Rein (anyone suggest the Micro?)

ScalarWorks SW1100 Mount

TTI Benelli AccuGuide Extended Carrier

Trijicon RPO 5.0

Thanks all in advance for your input.  

• Upvote 1

Ordered one this weekend.  Gave up on waiting for the IWC.  Once I get my carriercomp tube will report back once installed.  Looks identical to the IWC and reports in Reddit and elsewhere seem to be positive.  

• Upvote 1

Went ahead and ordered also. Had IWC before, and the reddit comments almost seemed staged, but maybe just being paranoid with unknown company. Lots of "tacticool" operators on reddit. Appreciate the feedback. I try to select functional improvements and reduce weight.  

• Upvote 1

Just got one in. Looks identical to the iwc. Does not come with pic rail or swivel attachment . If you are using a turbo light you will need to buy a Arizaka mount or modlight 18650 body .

Company reached out by text, regarding the backorder for the iwc mount from the middle of last year. They advised me that they had released a similar version , so I picked one up . 

the picture of the msp packaging is what the mount came in , had to switch out the Surefire body .

IMG_2209.thumb.jpeg.8774f3b18ca68cd7fa9b1013b98b245b.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drago89 said:

Just got one in. Looks identical to the iwc. Does not come with pic rail or swivel attachment . If you are using a turbo light you will need to buy a Arizaka mount or modlight 18650 body .

Company reached out by text, regarding the backorder for the iwc mount from the middle of last year. They advised me that they had released a similar version , so I picked one up . 

the picture of the msp packaging is what the mount came in , had to switch out the Surefire body .

IMG_2209.thumb.jpeg.8774f3b18ca68cd7fa9b1013b98b245b.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

I replied to their out-of-stock email to check if they had the MSP Benelli M4 Light Mount w/ Picatinny Rail version in stock which they replied quickly that they did, and so changed order and it's being shipped.  So will give them thumbs up for quick response and being able to ship it quickly. Don't need the Picatinny Rail but spent the extra few bucks just to get the mount so can complete the gun at all once when it is delivered to my FFL. 

Appreciate the update and pictures Dargo89.

Posted (edited)

Well damn. Look at that. Looks like someone hopped in to fill the insane demand for the IWC mount. Just ordered one, will update when I have it in hand.

It looks like MSP literally is producing the IWC mount, I'll bet they bought the IP as the owners son couldn't get manufacturing back into gear.

Edited by m4prime

I am having a bit of a brain fart.  Can you tell me what light you are using?  If I need to piece together the light (body to fit the mount, head and tailcap), I am good with that.  My M4 needs a light and there are few non-picatinny choices.

Light is a Surefire turbo scout light pro.          
https://www.primaryarms.com/surefire-m640dft-dual-fuel-turbo-scout-light

With arisaka 18650 Body 

https://arisakadefense.com/18650-series-light-body/

The new Surefire lights come with a different body and different mounting hardware . Older models came with the  body that was compatible with the iwc / msp mount . So if you use a newer Surefire light you need to switch out the body for one that mounts directly to the iwc/msp. You can avoid this by just buying a different brand of light . Modlight, arisaka, streamlight. I didn’t want to buy a different light so I just switched out the body to fit the mount .

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2215.png

IMG_2216.png

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up to everyone excited to place an order... they're sent me this message after ordering. A bit annoying as I hate when companies have an item not in stock, but make no mention of backorders all through the checkout process.

I'll patiently wait, just wanted to put it out there for anyone wanting to order right now.

IMG_9460.thumb.jpg.6a36543285347d61a830129b07bcc35c.jpg

Fortunately got mine in.  Should be here next week.  Rcvd shipping confirmation.  

Be surprised if IWC had any patents or IP on their mount. Nothing new or novel in it.