Rusted NIB Benelli's?

crazyhair

Yes, is the answer to any question containing the "or".

In this case, the long version of the answer is...

Yes, it was either a bad batch, the problem has since been corrected, or it was never a problem at all.

It is believed by some that the posts over at shotgunworld were made by trolls, and there never was any documented proof that there were such problems.

I guess people who can't afford anything but a Mossberg sometimes harbor ill feelings against people who can afford the best there is.

"I guess people who can't afford anything but a Mossberg sometimes harbor ill feelings against people who can afford the best there is."

You da man Tucker......that is the truth!!! I get bashed all the time because I have a "thin barrelled, overpriced, etc. etc. Benelli SBEII"... But, you know what, it's normally the guy toting a cheap gun that does it.....saying, "I don't need a $1k gun to shoot ducks"...... but, you're right on the money!!! Pure jealously, cut and dry....but before it's over....this is what I get..."Can I hold that thing let me see how it feels??.....Man, that IS nice."

The black matte Benelli finish will rust if left unattended. So will the finish on all guns.

But for whatever reason, the Benelli black matte finish does seem to get a rusty haze pretty quick. Especially on my SBE slug barrel.

BreakFree CLP or C-X seems to eliminate the problem. It takes a few weeks for the protection to wear off my SBE's, and then I just reapply.

mudhen - CA