M2

cmsgtgary

I can give you an opinion on the SBEll with the comfortech stock. I have had my new gun for 2 1/2 weeks. I have shot 1200 rnds at clays. My scores have been in the 20's. With any other gun I have ever owned, my scores drop off after 100 rnds because of recoil. I think it is an incredible design. I took a young lady trap shooting the other evening. She shot 100 rnds and was ready to keep going.....................Upland04

Hi,

I'm new to this board.

After much research, I picked up a new M2 from GI Joes tonight.

Went with the 28".

I've been shooting mostly the Beretta 391, but after picking up this M2, it fits much better for me.

I shot the M1 about 3 years ago, and chose the 391 then, mostly because of the slight increase in recoil for the M1.

Gonna go shoot 5 stand tomorrow and see how it shoots!

Lazy,

You will find the M2 much different than the M1.

A couple of my buddies also commented on the reduced recoil of the M2.

I really like the way it fits, much better than the Beretta 391 or Browning sporting clays I've been shooting for the last 15 or so years.

I picked up the 28", black synthetic, and did quite well the first time out shooting clays with it a couple of weeks ago.

I think you would enjoy the M2, the recoil is NO problem, especially with the newly designed recoil pad that is designed to fit into your shoulder much better...

Good luck, and let us know how you like you new M2!!

Forgot to add a few things.........this thing shoots MUCH faster (cycling) than the Beretta.........and I like the rib design much better than the Beretta 391............and it weighs considerable LESS than any of my trap/clays guns.

I know the ducks are gonna be in serious trouble this year, with me behind this thing!

Does anyone know if the Camo M2 Field's saftey is like the sbe2's saftey????Because i am considering buying a M2 in 26 in. max 4 camo but if the saftey sticks i might consider a nova or a M1 insted..also from what i have heard the m2 is a really nice gun... please help me out .. Thanks

Hi,

The SBE II safety is identical as the M2, and it IS stiff until you work it in.

It's gonna take me awhile to learn this safety, since all my shotguns have had the safety in the front of the trigger guard or on top in the case of o/u's...........overall, I really like the M2, more so than the Browning sporting o/u or Beretta 391....it just fits me so much better, and the front bead works real nice also.