Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Turkey choke for hevi shot in Nova

I am about to buy a Nova for turkey hunting. I'm ordering the 24" barell in camo this week. I haven't heard much on which aftermarket turkey chokes work the best with Novas. I'm thinking of shooting hevi shot so I was going to go with the Primos Jelly Head. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by PCW:

I am about to buy a Nova for turkey hunting. I'm ordering the 24" barell in camo this week. I haven't heard much on which aftermarket turkey chokes work the best with Novas. I'm thinking of shooting hevi shot so I was going to go with the Primos Jelly Head. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I SHOOT A SUPER BLACK EAGLE WITH A PURE GOLD .670 TUBE. THE LOAD I USE IS REMINGTON'S HEVI SHOT IN 3 1/2" 1 7/8 OZ. #5. THIS COMBO THROWS A VERY DENSE PATTERN OUT TO 50+ YARDS. I KILLED 7 GOBBLERS WITH THIS SETUP LAST YEAR, THE FARTHEREST BEING 55 YARDS. ALL WERE GRAVEYARD DEAD!

[ 01-24-2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: SKFOOTER ]

• 4 weeks later...

PCW

I would go with the 28inch barrel , for me it seems to hold a tighter pattern when shooting heavy turkey loads..

Also pick up a Undertaker Choke, they fit the nova's.. their around $19.00 to $25.00

[ 02-17-2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: camoking ]

• 2 weeks later...